Customer and Technical Support
Operations – Customer Support /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
We are looking for our next big customer service advocate to join our passionate Customer Support team. Whether a customer is having trouble in a seemingly infinite galaxy of 400 billion stars, or needs assistance designing the world’s most creative theme park, you will be empowered to provide outstanding, impactful and memorable support to our players! Our Customer Support members work closely with various Development, Publishing and QA teams on a daily basis to achieve this.
We are looking to broaden our level of support and further assist our players in Elite Dangerous and other titles.
The right candidate will need to be open to shift work.
- A passion to provide top level customer service.
- Managing large volumes of incoming customer questions
- Identify and assess customers’ needs and deliver positive results
- Competently handle customer issues, providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within reasonable time periods
- Assess, Escalate, feedback and communicate issues that require input from other departments
- Become a positive, public representative of Frontier Developments in responses
- Technical support competence
- Thrives on change. As new games and updates are launched, new problems arise and you will need to meet them head on
- Friendly, empathetic, positive & personable
- High commitment level to work & delivering results
- A driven problem solver & quick learner
- Be flexible with shift work, including weekends, evenings and bank holidays
- Good attention to detail
- Keen gamer
- Fluent written ability in English
- Technical PC expertise on diagnosing and resolving hardware and software issues
- Experienced online PC gamer
- Involvement with online gaming communities (reddit/forums, etc.)
- Previous gameplay experience with Elite Dangerous & Planet Coaster
- Fluent written ability in a second language
Candidates will need to submit their CV and a Covering Letter expressing their interest in the role to be considered for the position.
This role can be offered on a hybrid working basis, which means you’ll have the opportunity to spend time working both in the studio and at home. You will probably be required to spend at least 50% of your time in the studio to facilitate collaboration and engagement. We can provide a comprehensive support package as part of any offer should you need to relocate.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.