Chef de Partie
Operations – Catering /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
Purpose of the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Chef de Partie to join our brand new Catering team at Frontier’s Space Bar. We are looking for a motivated and experienced chef, with passion for exceptional cooking and baking, to support the Chef Manager and Sous Chef in running our vibrant on-site staff restaurant.
- Support the team with the day-to-day running of the restaurant
- Produce food of an impeccable standard while adhering to health and safety regulations
- Operate and manage the pastry/baking section of the kitchen and liaising with the Chef Manager and Sous Chef to ensure a successful working environment
- Prepare a wide variety of baking and pastry goods, following both traditional & modern recipes
- Prepare and handle ingredients and kitchen equipment
- Act as a support to other catering staff to achieve the highest possible standards, in-line with the company and food hygiene policies
- Ensure the highest level of cleanliness is achieved in all catering work areas.
- Excellent working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process
- Proven experience of working in a similar role within the hospitality industry
- Proven experience in catering sector, including stock management and customer service
- Able to work with fresh ingredients & cooking to order as well as to a buffet service
- Compliant and up to date with Health & Safety rules and regulation
- Team player that can inspire others while showing a hands-on approach to all the restaurant’s tasks
- Great customer service with a passion for promoting a fun and efficient team
- Works well under pressure, and is comfortable in a very flexible, fast paced working environment
Given the nature of this role, the successful candidate will need to be studio based and we are unable to offer any remote working. We can however provide a comprehensive relocation support package as part of any offer.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.