Operations – Finance /
Frontier Developments are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Planet Zoo. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We are looking for someone commercially minded who is part qualified or recently qualified with management accounts experience to join our team on a permanent basis as a Management Accountant.
You will be joining a busy and autonomous finance team who are truly passionate about the role they play at Frontier. In line with Frontier’s significant growth the Management Accountant will support the company across a wide range of budgeting and reporting duties. You will be working closely with the CFO and Finance Manager simultaneously across a number of different business functions, working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Budget/ Forecast
- Lead the annual budget process – liaising across multiple departments to gather information
- Providing a full annual budget, including analytical review comments to the Finance Manager
- Maintaining a forecast during the financial year to drive financial performance and to provide scenario planning based on current roadmap
- Working closely with other finance and data colleagues to prepare and review the revenue forecast
- Optimise the budget process to identify any improvements
- Become the trusted advisor for the process to help control company expenditure against budget
- Business Partnering
- Become the main point of contact to represent the Finance Team across the business
- Build strong partnerships to provide clear and insightful financial analysis of company performance to stakeholders
- Provide targeted strategic insights across the business and challenge ways of thinking to help make more informed business decisions
- Work with departments to identify variances to budget and provide commentary back to CFO and Finance Manager
- Month End
- IAS 38 – Capitalisation. To become the lead on capitalised development project reporting – ensuring projects are being capitalised correctly and accurately.
- Accruals. Take ownership of the monthly accruals calculations – focusing on third party outsource contracts
- Provide a detailed review of gross profit down to net profit for inclusion in the monthly board pack
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly board pack where necessary
- Part- qualified or qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experience in industry (i.e. outside practice) will be an advantage
- Experience building strong partnerships across all areas of the business – including senior internal stakeholders
- Organised and a confident communicator across all levels
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical mind with good problem solving skills
- Proactive and self sufficient
- Able to provide financial information to non-finance team members
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 600+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.