Lead 3D Animator
Animation – Animation /
As part of our continued growth we have a vacancy for a Lead 3D Animator to join our team. In this role you will be creating animation assets for our games, and working your art director to provide guidance, direction and feedback on animations to align with our project’s goals and creative direction.
Your passion for animation and experience leading others will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in our games.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a studio with a track record of delivering successful Tactical RPGs and work with our experienced and passionate teams as you develop your career with us. This role is on-site role in the Winnipeg Studio (Complex Games). We can offer a relocation package for the right candidate.
- Take direction from the art director and creative director on the goals and intentions behind the various animations needed to achieve our game’s visual design standards and style.
- Take ownership over the animation demands of entire characters and other assets, from design to implementation.
- Take an animation all the way from creation to the game engine.
- Carry out supporting animation tasks to ensure a clean representation of our team’s animations in the game engine.
- Lead a small team of Animators, providing feedback, reviews, and edits to ensure that the entire team’s output lines up with standards.
- Able to mentor and help develop junior members of the team.
- Extensive familiarity with Rigging & Animation in Autodesk Maya.
- 5+ Years experience working as a professional games animator.
- Experience Managing & Directing other Animators on your Team.
- Experience & Responsibility for Asset Planning, Estimation & Organization on an Asset Pipeline.
- Able to take feedback and interpret it in order to revise and improve on your work, and the work of others on your team
- A confident and creative approach to your animation, able to make interesting acting choices and execute them effectively.
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping to bring smooth, dynamic and reactive animations to our game.
- Professional experience using a 3d animation package (Maya, 3ds max, etc.).
- Experience working with the Unity Engine
- Experience creating lively human character animations & creature animations.
- Taking ownership of entire features within a game.
Please Submit as Part of this Application:
- An animation showreel that demonstrates an excellent understanding of animation principals, strong character acting skills and experience animating creatures as well as bipeds.