Head of Brand Marketing
Cambridge / Hybrid / Remote /
Publishing – Marketing /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Brand Marketing to join our talented publishing department. You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and will take the helm of one of our brand marketing teams to publish a range of new and existing titles globally.
- Oversee, lead and grow a multidiscipline publishing team of talented marketing and communications leads and experts
- Define and shape the global brand marketing and positioning strategies for a portfolio of new and existing titles.
- Work with your team and in collaboration with other teams in the publishing group to shape and ensure successful delivery of best in class Go-To-Market plans
- Develop strong relationships with Game Directors, Executive Producers, internal and external department heads and other key stakeholders to successfully publish our games to a global audience
- Act as the key point of contact for all aspects of brand marketing within your portfolio of titles and be a leading expert within the studio on community/player sentiment
- Responsible for managing marketing budgets for titles in your care
- Regularly report campaigns, results and risks to executive and senior leadership
- Work with the Director of Brand Marketing and other Heads of Brand Marketing to help shape and drive goals, targets, and processes for the wider Brand Marketing team
- Lead, mentor, develop and empower a talented cross-discipline marketing team for your portfolio of titles
- Experienced senior manager with a marketing, product, brand or communications background with proven track record of overseeing and delivering global marketing campaigns and launching AAA titles
- A strong leader with extensive people leadership experience
- Strong understanding of brand development and strategy
- Personable approach with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to set, track and report team performance metrics
- Flexible and solution-oriented approach
- Experience managing budget spend and delivery
- Experience working on global / international projects / products.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.