Product Marketing Manager
Cambridge / Hybrid / Remote /
Publishing – Marketing /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
Purpose of the role
We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Product Manager to join our talented and growing Publishing team, working on exciting projects and titles. You’ll be joining during a period of significant growth at Frontier and will have responsibility for global marketing, brand and life cycle management. If you’ve got Product Marketing experience in video games and are looking for a new and exciting challenge or to take the next step in your career, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Work with the Head of Brand Marketing and Game Director, to develop the brand strategy for your allocated products.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and tactical teams to pull together and deliver global Go to Market plans for new titles, DLC and future project.
- Work with internal teams and third parties to develop cross-promotional marketing and wider business opportunities
- Lead on day-to-day global marketing, brand and life cycle management of allocated products
- Brief and deliver on the development of the games’ brand identity elements including title, logo, key art, packaging and other style guide elements
- Brief, manage and deliver marketing collateral including ATL, digital, CRM, platform channels, retail, merchandise and partnerships
- Take an active part in relevant consumer/trade/press events throughout the year
- Lead post-launch live ops with content updates and marketing promotions
- Take an active part in prioritising user experience improvements and bugs fixes with production, development and monetization teams.
- Be the brand ambassador both internally and externally
- Be the primary contact for development teams, creative services and internal stakeholders regarding marketing activity from early development through to post-launch activity and support
- Develop and maintain working relationships with a variety of external licensors, platform holders, agencies and suppliers
- Analyse players’ feedback, behaviour and market’s acceptance. Share results & recommendations with game production and Publishing team
- Implement and track market research & analysis while communicating the competitive landscape as it affects our products and strategy
- Lead post-campaign analysis and post-sales reports, ensuring they communicate effectively to relevant teams
- Regularly report progress to the team, studio leadership and C-level
Skills, experience & knowledge
- Experience leading on the development of Brand and GTM strategies for multiple global video game releases
- Experience of the full development and publishing life cycle for multiple products
- Excellent communication skills to provide effective briefs and position product strategy to stakeholders up to and including C-suite
- Experience and good understanding of working with additional games marketing disciplines e.g. PR and Community
- Experience or knowledge of additional marketing disciplines would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of marketing and insight tools with particular experience of digital communications and multi-channel marketing
- Strategic thinker; identifies patterns and connections. Sees connections between own area and what’s happening in other areas within brand/the wider business. Recognises opportunities to improve services and processes.
- Collaborative- Knows how to get the best out of a team whilst maintaining a positive, collaborative and supportive environment. Creates strong and productive relationships
- Foster Creativity and Innovation - Facilitates, shares information/new ideas with the team. Discovers new and creative solutions to solve problems or meet objectives.
- Organised- Always is a few steps ahead in planning. Can see the big picture and vision for the brand and drive towards it.
- Drives Results - Keeps commitments. Develops appropriate individual objectives to ensure performance aligns with broader organisational goals. Finds new and better (more efficient, faster, higher quality) ways to accomplish work.
- Personable approach with strong stakeholder management skills
- A passion for video games
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.