Cambridge / Hybrid / Remote /
Animation – Animation /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, Planet Zoo and F1 Manager. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England. With a growing team of over 800 talented people supporting our existing portfolio and ambitious future roadmap, along with our publishing label Frontier Foundry, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have proud history of great character animation, ranging from heavily stylised to realistic behaviours, across both cinematic sequences and real-time motion.
Fantastic animation will play a huge part in our future success, with upcoming games such as our Formula One project or our new Warhammer IP. Your passion for animation will be pivotal to delivering the quality that we strive for in all our games.
- Taking direction from the lead animator and art director to create animation that is consistent with the game's visual design
- Taking an animation all the way from creation to the game engine, using our in-house tools
- Carrying out supporting animation tasks to ensure a clean representation of our team’s animations in the game engine.
- A confident and creative approach to your animation, able to make interesting acting choices and execute them effectively
- An eye for animation principals and detail, helping to bring smooth, dynamic and reactive animations to our game
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- A willingness to confidently take on feedback from your peers in order to develop yourself as an animator.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- An animation showreel that demonstrates a strong understanding of animation principals and character acting
- Professional experience using a 3d animation package (Maya, 3ds max, Blender, XSI etc.)
- A showreel that demonstrates a combination of strong quadruped and creature work as well as strong biped work
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Knowledge of game pipelines.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.