QA Technical Functionality Tester
Operations – Quality Assurance /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
Frontier focuses on high quality internal QA testing for all our Games, and Cobra Game Engine and Tools. Testers have a fundamental role in our development process and will work closely with all disciplines on each project.
We are seeking a technically minded individual with excellent communication skills who is looking to challenge themselves in a role that includes both working as part of a team and on individual assignments. If you have strong technical knowledge of leading game engines and related tools and a passion to champion the evolution of our Cobra Game Engine and tool sets then we'd love to hear from you!
Successful candidates will be responsible for testing new tools, plugins and periodic Game Engine releases, generating accompanying documentation, create test suites, generate reports and provide feedback in order to aid in driving up the overall quality of all of our products.
You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and as part of our QA team your work will help ensure the continued level of quality of our current games. We welcome applications from those with or without QA experience.
- Maintaining, running and creating test suites for both new and existing projects
- Finding and reporting issues in a clear and accurate manner
- Regressing both internal and external issues
- Create and maintain documentation for a variety of tools and plugins
- Accept and execute test requests from the Tools team Reporting test results from completed test requests, tools release tests and engine release tests
- Able to work on own initiative
- Proven logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Track record of working well within a team
- Previous experience in QA testing roles – games or software
- Basic understanding/knowledge of game engine editors and game development tools
- Video game enthusiast with games industry experience
- Strong technical knowledge of the leading consoles and PC
- Previous experience working with game engine editors and development tools
- Strong understanding of development workflows with game engine editors and development tools
- Knowledge of JIRA and Test Rail
- Experience with destructive and exploratory testing methodology and practices
- Understanding of Agile processes
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.