Product Marketing Manager - F1 Series
Publishing & Commercial – Marketing /
Frontier is an established, market leading independent developer and publisher of videogames for PC and consoles. Founded in 1994, we are based in the world-leading technology cluster and historic city of Cambridge, England.
With a growing team of over 600 talented people, we are passionate about creating innovative genre-leading games and authentic worlds for our communities of players.
We have achieved serial successes across a wide variety of titles including Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution and Planet Zoo.
We are continuing to grow our team to support our existing portfolio and an exciting and ambitious future roadmap, which includes the development of both own-IP titles and licensed-IP titles. Our IP-license partners include Universal (Jurassic World), Formula 1 and Games Workshop (Warhammer).
We are also growing our team to continue the growth of Frontier Foundry, our games label for publishing games developed by carefully selected partner studios.
Purpose of the role
We have a fantastic new opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to join our talented publishing team. You’ll be joining during an exciting period of growth at Frontier and will be leading on our upcoming F1 management simulation title. This will be the first in a series of annualised releases and you will be working in a close partnership with both Formula 1 and its teams.
We are looking for an experienced product or brand manager who is well versed in taking a product from the early stages of development and building impactful brand strategies and results-driven go-to-market campaigns.
You’ll be joining during a period of significant growth at Frontier and will have responsibility for global marketing, brand and life cycle management. If you’ve got Product and Brand Marketing experience in video games and are looking for a new and exciting challenge or to take the next step in your career, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Lead on day-to-day global marketing, brand and life cycle management of allocated products and the development of GTM strategies for major new titles
- Primary contact for development teams and internal stakeholders regarding marketing activity from early development through to post-launch activity and support
- Work with internal teams and third parties to develop cross-promotional marketing and wider business opportunities
- Be the brand ambassador both internally and externally
- Deliver product positioning, audience insights and go-to-market strategy to both internal and external stakeholders while integrating and distributing feedback
- Lead the development of games’ brand identity elements including title, logo, key art, packaging and other style guide elements
- Brief, manage and deliver marketing collateral including ATL, digital, CRM, platform channels, retail, merchandise and partnerships
- Implement and track market research & analysis while communicating the competitive landscape as it affects our products and strategy
- Maintain and develop working relationships with a variety of external licensors, agencies and suppliers
- Take an active part in relevant consumer/trade/press events throughout the year
- Lead post-campaign analysis and post-sales reports, ensuring they communicate effectively to relevant teams
- Lead post-launch live ops with content updates and marketing promotions
- Analyse players’ feedback, behaviour and market’s acceptance. Share results & recommendations with game production and Publishing team
- Work pro-actively across the Publishing pillars to ensure learning is transferred, processes are improved and best practice developed
- Take an active part in prioritising user experience improvements and bugs fixes with production and monetization teams.
Skills, experience & knowledge
- Significant experience leading on the development of GTM strategies for multiple global video game releases (sports & franchise titles a bonus)
- Experience of the full development and publishing life cycle for multiple products
- Excellent communication skills to provide effective briefs and position product strategy to stakeholders up to and including C-suite
- Experience and good understanding of working with additional games marketing disciplines e.g. PR and Community
- Experience or knowledge of additional marketing disciplines would be beneficial.
- Good knowledge of marketing and insight tools with particular experience of digital communications and multi-channel marketing
- Strategic thinker; identifies patterns and connections. Sees connections between own area and what’s happening in other areas within brand/the wider business. Recognises opportunities to improve services and processes.
- Foster Creativity and Innovation - Facilitates, shares information/new ideas with the team. Discovers new and creative solutions to solve problems or meet objectives.
- Drives Results - Keeps commitments. Develops appropriate individual objectives to ensure performance aligns with broader organisational goals. Finds new and better (more efficient, faster, higher quality) ways to accomplish work.
- Personable approach with strong stakeholder management skills
- A passion for video games, and an interest in F1 is a plus!
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work with talented and passionate people, developing and publishing sophisticated and enduring games in a creative and collaborative environment. We love what we do, and we work hard to provide outstanding experiences for our player communities. Frontier rewards this passion and determination by sharing in the company’s success and by supporting our teams to keep doing what they love.
Well-being is a big focus at Frontier and we are continually evolving how we can support our staff. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and host a range of well-being activities, initiatives and sessions to support both mental and physical health.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a success-based annual bonus, share option schemes, pension, life assurance, private family healthcare, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house subsidised catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, and social events.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.