Copenhagen, Denmark /
Engineering – Development /
Forecast, a global software company founded in 2016, delivers profitable Project Operations by uniting resource & financial management, capacity planning and deep integrations all on one platform. Backed by world renowned investors such as Balderton Capital who led our 2021 $19m Series A, the Forecast AI-native platform represents the most advanced technology ever applied to managing projects, resources and finances.
Our platform automates busywork, surfaces best practices, predicts outcomes, guides projects to success, and most importantly empowers every team member to do their best work. Forecast is the ultimate upgrade for project teams and professional services organizations. Technology doing what it does best, so humans can do what they do best.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join us on our journey!
Are you our next Data Scientist?
With AI technology at the very core of what we do at Forecast, we’re looking for a talented data scientist to join our AI team. We are a small cross-functional team with engineering and design specialists as well as the product manager working closely together.
As part of the AI team you will get to use your skills and creativity to apply data to explore and develop models and algorithms that provide new insights to project managers and their teams.
Being part of the team your contribution will matter and with your input and experience you will get to influence the types of solutions and models that we are going to use. For many of the problems we’re working on, we don’t even know if there’s a solution when we get started. You will be part of the whole development process, starting with idea and discovery over implementation and delivery.
Tech-wise, we’re cloud-native and running on AWS. We use deep neural nets based on BERT transformers and multitask learning for natural language prediction, running on AWS Neuron accelerators for performance. We’re also using a variety of other machine learning techniques like XGBoost for prediction and Monte Carlo simulation for forecasting.
What you'll do
- Work in an R&D focused environment to explore, validate, implement and deliver models and algorithms to solve customer challenges
- Together with UX, research and product, identify opportunities to leverage modeling and ML techniques to provide crucial new insights across the Forecast platform
- Ensure that relevant solutions are added to the roadmap for production
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
What you'll ideally have
- A MSc or PhD within data science, computer science, science, math, engineering or equivalent
- Worked for at least 2 years with data science, machine learning, or deep learning, either at university or in the industry
- Solid experience within at least some of the following areas: mathematical modeling, machine learning, deep learning, natural-language processing
- Programming experience (with e.g. python, java, or C++)
- A team player who is motivated by working closely together with highly skilled colleagues
- Fast learner with curiosity and ability to quickly learn and use new skills
- Persistent and result-oriented