Engineering Manager - Data Science
Copenhagen, Denmark /
Engineering – Development /
Here at Forecast, we’re reimagining project management software - our continuously evolving AI-native platform, rooted in strong data foundations, is making the lives of project managers and their teams easier at the touch of a button.
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager, who thrives on solving challenging intellectual problems and enjoys developing people, processes, and technology. For many problems we’re working on, we don’t even know if there’s a solution. If that idea excites you, and you have experience from leading research oriented projects together with a highly skilled team, then this role is for you.
Tech-wise, we’re cloud-native and running on AWS. We use deep neural nets based on BERT transformers and multitask learning for natural language prediction (check out this blog post), running on AWS Neuron accelerators for performance. We’re also using a variety of other machine learning techniques like XGBoost for prediction and Monte Carlo simulation for forecasting. .
What you'll do
- Lead a team of talented and experienced Data Scientists and Engineers
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to envision and implement intelligent technical solutions for tough product problems.
- Hire, coach, and ensure the professional development of a team of data scientists and engineers, monitoring their success and supporting them in reaching their goals
- Establish processes which support transparency and delivery in an uncertain problem space
- Help decide where we should take our tech stack and architecture to support sustainable platform growth
- Balance the team’s research efforts with their delivery output
- Provide the larger picture, long-term perspective, and context (past, current, and future) behind scientific and technology choices
- Contribute to and maintain a collaborative Engineering culture across the company by visibly recognizing success and giving credit to data scientists, engineers, managers and other colleagues for their contributions
- Work closely together with our CTO to ensure the success of your team
What you'll ideally have
- A passion for customer centric product development. We are here to build the best product on the planet!
- Strong leadership skills, with 5+ years of experience leading analytical teams
- Proven ability to define a vision and get your team behind it
- Proven ability to motivate and guide the professional development of specialists with greater expertise than yourself
- Proven experience delivering complex projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts to non-experts
- Fascinated by the applications of Machine Learning and how it can integrate into your work
- Comfortable navigating product uncertainty and a dynamic market landscape
- A background in Deep Tech or Software R&D is a plus
- Experience with domains like behavioral predictive modelling, Forecasting, or Planning and Optimization is a plus
- A Master's degree or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, AI or in another related field is a plus too
- Pride for the work you ship, with a sense of ownership over what you’re putting out into the world
Why we think you'll love being a Forecaster
- A real values driven culture at the heart of how we work - Care with Candor, Forge the Future and Bring the Oomph!
- Regular get togethers with our global teams, with an annual offsite Oomphfest (2021 edition in Barcelona!) and annual kick offs
- A great set of benefits including pension, medical & life insurance, 25 days annual leave + 5 Forecast Flex Days + 3 seasonal closure days
- Catered lunch, as well as snacks and sodas
- PC or Mac, it's up to you to pick your weapon!
- Flexible and family friendly working hours, with a hybrid office/home model
- Structured Professional Development plans with the opportunity to level up through external certifications, courses and qualifications
- One of the coolest offices right in the heart of Copenhagen!