Project Accountant (Aspiring Product Manager)
Copenhagen, Denmark /
Product – Product Management /
Here at Forecast we’re building the next generation of intelligent project management software - making the lives of project managers easier at the touch of a button with our machine learning capabilities. We give creatives, project leaders, and financial managers time back from the boring stuff, so they can serve their clients, not spreadsheets.
Our subject focus of project, resource and financial management might be complex, but we want to make it anything but! Easy to use, intuitive but powerful - that’s what we deliver.
Are you a Project Accountant looking for a change?
Here at Forecast we believe that there’s a better way for Project & Finance leaders to be spending their time than building their personal spreadsheets for project finances. With ease of use at the centre of how we build, our financial solutions start simple, and then scale. So when projects get complex, our financial solution can power up to do the heavy lifting, from the intricacies of proposals to big retainer projects. You can check out what we do for our professional services customers, and specifically the finance teams, here.
To really get under the skin of what best serves the needs of project financial leaders, we’re looking for a domain expert in project accounting. You might be a project accountant right now, or a project manager who is heavily involved in the financials of the projects you run. Either way, you’ll know the painpoints of the finance team and that’s what we need! With your domain expertise, we’ll provide all the support, training and mentorship you need to develop your skills as a Product Manager at Forecast.
This is an amazing opportunity for a Project Accountant looking for something a little different!
What you'll be doing
- With coaching and development all the while, as a Product Manager, assume the ownership and responsibility for all financial features in Forecast - leading a team of developers and a product designer. You’ll use your domain knowhow to help us define exactly what’ll make the lives of project finance teams a breeze
- Improve project financials, financial methods and integrations to accounting systems for our customers, so they work more efficiently, get a better overview of their overall financials, and run more successful and profitable projects
- Maintain a product vision for financial features while evolving the product. Have close customer contact to understand their challenges in the professional service industry in order to make the best decisions when it comes to deciding what to focus on next
- Increase connectivity between the features you are responsible for to the rest of the platform
- Based on our company strategy, build a timeline of what customer problems your team should focus on, leading the way from these problems to easy-to-use solutions by collaborating with designers and developers
- Involve external and internal stakeholders in the process, ensuring that product decisions are well grounded
- Analyse behavioral data, qualitative data, and industry trends
- Work with sales, marketing, and customer success for the best possible releases, feedback cycles, and product improvements
What you'll ideally have
- An infectious passion for project financials!
- A desire to learn and develop your skills. We’ll provide all the training and coaching you need to become a formidable Product Manager, but you’ll need to want to embrace the learning!
- Demonstrated experience with project accounting/project financials in any role. Strong data analysis skills, with data at the centre of your decision making
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills - you’ll be working with fellow Forecasters and customers closely alike
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with project management, both agile and waterfall
- Experience from working with B2B and SaaS
- Experience from a professional service organization