Copenhagen, Denmark /
Engineering – Development /
Engineering at Forecast
Here at Forecast we’re building the next generation of intelligent project management software - making the lives of project managers easier at the touch of button with our machine learning capabilities. We give creatives & project leaders time back from the boring stuff, so they can serve their clients and not spreadsheets. If you’re sick of the corporate rinse and repeat and actually want to be part of building an engineering organisation (the why’s, the how’s, and the let’s just try this weird idea to see if it works), then this could be your next move.
As a Test Engineer, you’ll be a central part of Engineering - working across our product & data science teams, you’ll be the critical line of defence against bugs & misbehaving code. Collaborating directly with our developers and alongside another Tester, you’ll be ultimately responsible for making sure all our software releases are seamless and smooth and any bugs are squashed quickly. Our developers automate their own testing of code, so rather than executing constant test cases, you’ll be hands on with taking a creative hammer to our environment and seeing what you can break!
Cloud native and running on AWS, we use Java, NodeJS, GraphQL, ReactJS, Aurora (MySQL on Amazon), DynamoDB (NoSQL), and AWS Lamba (Serverless).
Sound like something cool? Good, we think so too.
What you'll do
- Developing and delivering on creative test strategies, taking a hammer to our everyday environment and releases and finding out what needs to go back to our Developers
- Partner closely with Developers & Leads to have a close hand during planning of new feature releases so we get ahead of any bugs as rollout progresses
- Champion a focus on quality and high standards with our engineering teams - execution as well as quality!
- Engage with customer support on quick bug identification, putting in place plans to identify, document and resolve with developers
- In collaboration with our existing team, influence and play a key role in our process creation as we scale - how do we always make sure we’re doing everything the best possible way?
What you'll ideally have
- Experience in testing in a software environment with an emphasis on thoughtful and creative testing rather than monitoring fully automated test systems
- Experience of continuous integration and build automation tools and test management tools
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Passion about the quality of your work, with a sense of pride & ownership over what we’re delivering to our customers
- Great collaboration skills - you’ll be working across several different product teams where teamwork and sharing of best practice is a must