Senior Backend Developer
Copenhagen, Denmark /
Engineering – Development /
Here at Forecast we’re building the next generation of intelligent project management software - making the lives of project managers easier at the touch of button with our machine learning capabilities. We give creatives & project leaders time back from the boring stuff, so they can serve their clients and not spreadsheets. If you’re sick of the corporate rinse and repeat and actually want to be part of building an engineering organisation (the why’s, the how’s, and the let’s just try this weird idea to see if it works), then this could be your next move.
As a Developer at Forecast you’ll be right up front and centre in developing our platform, collaborating with our machine learning team to build the best and brightest solution for professional services teams. Your opinion matters. You’ll use your hard won experience and know-how to help decide where we should take our tech stack and architecture, mentor our growing teams and cut through the noise to get things done.
Tech wise, we’re cloud native and running on AWS - we use Java, NodeJS, GraphQL, ReactJS, Aurora (MySQL on Amazon), DynamoDB (NoSQL), and AWS Lamba (Serverless).
Sound like something cool? Good, we think so too.
What you'll do
- Build new integrations and synchronization solutions for the Forecast application, working with customers and our product team to define and understand how to solve integration needs
- Maintain and constantly refine our existing bank of integrations
- Take ownership from conception to post deployment in an environment that you’ll be likely shipping code in during your first week - we work fast!
- Influence and play a key role in our process creation including architecture - how do we always make sure we’re doing everything the best possible way?
- Provide coaching & guidance to more junior Developers in the team so we’re always levelling up
What you'll ideally have
- Proven experience in successfully working with third party APIs and data modelling
- Experience with Java, NodeJS, Aurora (MySQL on Amazon) is a definite plus
- Infrastructure experience
- An interest in the possible applications of Machine Learning and how that can integrate into your work
- Passion about the work you ship, with a sense of pride & ownership over what you’re putting out into the world
- Great collaboration skills - you’ll be working in a tight knit team where teamwork and sharing of best practice is a must