Copenhagen, Denmark /
Engineering – Development /
Here at Forecast we’re building and delivering an AI-native platform for profitable Project & Resource Management that represents the most advanced technology ever applied to managing projects, resources and finances. Our platform automates busywork, surfaces best practices, predicts outcomes, guides projects to success, and most importantly empowers every team member to do their best work.
With our recent $19M Series A funding round led by Balderton Capital (who have backed hugely successful businesses including Revolut, Peakon, Citymapper, Voi, Vivino and Yoox Net A Porter), we’re rapidly scaling our teams across the US and Europe to bring our AI powered technology to customers across the globe. After more than tripling revenue over the past year, we have huge ambition and growth plans for 2021 and beyond. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join us on our journey!
Here at Forecast, we’re building the next generation of intelligent project management software - making the lives of project managers easier at the touch of a button with our machine learning capabilities. We give creatives & project leaders time back from the boring stuff, so they can serve their clients and not spreadsheets. If you’re sick of the corporate rinse and repeat and actually want to be part of building an engineering organisation (the why’s, the how’s, and then let’s just try this weird idea to see if it works), then this could be your next move.
As a Tech Lead at Forecast, you’ll be right upfront and center in developing our platform, to build the best and brightest solution for professional services teams. Your opinion matters. You’ll use your hard-won experience and know-how to help decide where we should take our tech stack and architecture, mentor our growing teams and cut through the noise to get things done.
Tech-wise, we’re cloud-native and running on AWS - we use Java, NodeJS, GraphQL, ReactJS, Aurora (MySQL on Amazon), DynamoDB (NoSQL), and AWS Lambda (Serverless).
Are you our newest Tech Lead?
As a Tech Lead at Forecast, you’ll own the technical direction of your product team’s work with responsibility for planning and delivery responsibilities. You’ll be leading and mentoring your team of engineers directly, guiding their growth and success Alongside other Tech Leads across the business, you’ll play a key role in driving best practice, constantly rethinking how to best build our platform, and keep a consistency of quality across different product teams within Engineering.
What you’ll do
- Partner with your Product Manager to deconstruct and translate complex product visions into technical solutions and strategic deliverable plans
- Be a hands-on player-coach, contributing code, and design yourself as the Tech Lead within your technical team
- Hire, mentor, coach, and guide a team of engineers, monitoring their success and supporting them in reaching their goals
- Partnering with other Tech Leads across the business and Engineering management, explore innovative solutions to improve best practices, introduce new technologies or ways of working - ensuring our Engineering team are always on top of their game
- Contribute to and maintain a collaborative and driven Engineering culture across the business
- Work closely together with our VP of engineering to ensure the success of your team
What you’ll ideally have
- A passion for product development. We are here to build the best product on the market!
- Strong and proven leadership skills, with prior experience leading a team of engineering in a cross-functional team
- Proven experience in successfully working with end-to-end development
- Experience with full-stack development and the majority of the technologies we use
- An interest in the possible applications of Machine Learning and how that can integrate into your work
- Passion about the work you ship, with a sense of pride & ownership over what you’re putting out into the world
Why we think you'll love being a Forecaster
- A values-driven culture focused around our core values of Direct & Honest, Passionate & Proud, and Oomph - check our About Us page for more!
- 25 days paid holiday + an additional two paid days between Christmas & New Year (we like a holiday)
- Free lunch as well as snacks and soda
- Mac or PC, choose your weapon of choice
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours
- Development plans and $400 per year to spend on leveling yourself up
- Central locations, right in the heart of Copenhagen and London