Product Manager - Project Financials/Accounting
London, United Kingdom /
Product – Product Management /
Here at Forecast we’re building the next generation of intelligent project management software - making the lives of project managers easier at the touch of a button with our machine learning capabilities. We give creatives, project leaders, and financial managers time back from the boring stuff, so they can serve their clients, not spreadsheets.
As a Product Manager you’ll be hands on, working with a dedicated cross functional team obsessed with making the very best solutions for our customers. Our subject focus of project, resource and financial management might be complex, but we want to make it anything but! Easy to use, intuitive but powerful - that’s what we deliver.
Are you our new Product Manager?
We believe that there’s a better way for Project & Finance leaders to be spending their time than building their personal spreadsheets for project finances. We think, we can take complicated financials and make them simple. With ease of use at the centre of how we build, our financial solutions start simple, and then scale. So when projects get complex, our financial solution can power up to do the heavy lifting, from the intricacies of proposals to big retainer projects.
As Product Manager responsible for all features within project financials, you’ll be up front and centre leading your team of developers and a designer. Your mission is to make everyone able to work with financials and to make project financials a breeze for our Professional Services customers - from proposals/quotes, estimations budgeting, invoices & more. Your project accounting knowhow will be intrinsic to how we continue to develop our product and your influence and insight will shape Forecast profoundly. From discovery, conceptualization, prioritization and all the way through to successful release , you’ll be at the forefront of what we do next!
What you'll do
- Assume the ownership and responsibility for all financial features in Forecast
- Improve project financials, financial methods and integrations to accounting systems for our customers, so they work more efficiently, get a better overview of their overall financials, and run more successful and profitable projects
- Maintain a product vision for financial features while evolving the product
- Have close customer contact to understand their challenges in the professional service industry in order to make the best decisions when it comes to deciding what to focus on next
- Increase connectivity between the features you are responsible for to the rest of the platform
- Based on our company strategy, build a timeline of what customer problems your team should focus on, leading the way from these problems to easy-to-use solutions by collaborating with designers and developers
- Involve external and internal stakeholders in the process, ensuring that product decisions are well grounded. Analyse behavioral data, qualitative data, and industry trends
- Work with sales, marketing, and customer success for the best possible releases, feedback cycles, and product improvements.
What you'll ideally have
- An infectious passion for product management and financials!
- 3+ years of experience working as a product manager 2+ years of experience with project accounting/project financials in any role
- Strong data analysis skills, with data at the centre of your decision making
- An appreciation for a truly agile and team-oriented approach to product development, and the ability to inspire people to work towards your goals
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills - you’ll be working with fellow Forecasters and customers closely alike
Helpful, but not necessary
- Experience with project management, both agile and waterfall
- Experience from working with B2B and SaaS
- Experience from a professional service organisation
- A background with financials or accounting