London, United Kingdom /
Engineering – Development /
Forecast, a global software company founded in 2016, delivers profitable Project Operations by uniting resource & financial management, capacity planning and deep integrations all on one platform. Backed by world renowned investors such as Balderton Capital who led our 2021 $19m Series A, the Forecast AI-native platform represents the most advanced technology ever applied to managing projects, resources and finances.
Our platform automates busywork, surfaces best practices, predicts outcomes, guides projects to success, and most importantly empowers every team member to do their best work. Forecast is the ultimate upgrade for project teams and professional services organizations. Technology doing what it does best, so humans can do what they do best.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to join us on our journey!
As a Senior Developer at Forecast you’ll be right up front and centre in developing our platform, collaborating with our machine learning team to build the best and brightest solution for professional services teams. Your opinion matters. You’ll use your hard won experience and know-how to help decide where we should take our tech stack and architecture, mentor our growing teams and cut through the noise to get things done.
Tech wise, we’re cloud native and running on AWS - we use Java, NodeJS, GraphQL, ReactJS, Aurora (MySQL on Amazon), DynamoDB (NoSQL), and AWS Lamba (Serverless).
Sound like something cool? Good, we think so too.
What you'll do
- Working collaboratively with a product team (Product Manager, UX, UI & Engineering), you’ll have end to end responsibility on a key aspect of the Forecast application, all the way from responsive UI, to database and automated testing
- Take ownership from conception to post deployment in an environment that you’ll be likely shipping code in during your first week - we prioritise execution!
- Work hand in hand with our Data Science team, thinking about how we can best integrate Machine Learning across the application to really make a difference to our end users
- Influence and play a key role in our process creation including architecture - how do we always make sure we’re doing everything the best possible way?Provide coaching & guidance to more junior Developers in the team so we’re always levelling up
What you'll ideally have
- Proven experience in successfully working with end-to-end development
- An interest in the possible applications of Machine Learning and how that can integrate into your work
- Passion about the work you ship, with a sense of pride & ownership over what you’re putting out into the world
- Great collaboration skills - you’ll be working in a tight knit product team where teamwork and sharing of best practice is a must
A real values driven culture at the heart of how we work - Care with Candor, Forge the Future and Bring the Oomph!
Regular get togethers with our global teams, with an annual offsite Oomphfest (2021 edition in Barcelona!) and annual kick offs
A great set of benefits including pension, medical & life insurance, mobile phone, 25 days annual leave + 5 Forecast Flex Days + 3 seasonal closure days
Stocked kitchen and Pizza Thursdays!
PC or Mac
Flexible and family friendly working hours, with a hybrid office/home model
Structured Professional Development plans with the opportunity to level up through external certifications, courses and qualifications