Probate Sales Consultant
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human. But the services that should be supporting us haven't changed in decades.
From writing your will to planning a funeral, the way we deal with death is formal, complicated and expensive. Instead of feeling supported, people feel lost.
But it doesn’t need to be this way. We started Farewill to make the experience warmer, brighter and friendlier.
We’re the UK's biggest will writer and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Our generous customers have pledged over £800 million to charities, through donations left in their wills.
We’re backed by top investors who are as excited by our mission as we are, and we’ve won awards for the work we’ve done. We’re the fastest-growing company in the UK end-of-life sector, now looking to revolutionise the funeral industry.
One of our offerings is Probate, the legal process you need to go through to deal with someone’s estate when they die. It’s a daunting task that we strive to make simpler, faster and more affordable than traditional providers. Part of how we do that is through building a fantastic team of people who are legally savvy, commercially minded and motivated by compassionately helping people through enormously difficult challenges.
We're looking for a new teammate to help us deliver an exceptional Probate service to our customers. As a Probate Sales Consultant, you'll be responsible for shaping and defining how we run and sell our Probate product. You’ll work towards commercial goals while focusing on the importance of delivering a best-in-show customer experience. It’s a great opportunity for someone looking to cut their teeth in a high impact startup environment. This role is in a team of 4 and reports to our Probate Sales Lead.
In the next 12 months you'll:
- Build rapport and trust with customers through meaningful conversations, making a stressful time and process as easy as possible
- Learn the intricacies of what happens to someone's estate when they pass away, and be able to diagnose the estates your customers are dealing with
- Guide customers through the government requirements for probate, and what needs to happen and why
- Explain our different types of Probate services so the customer can make the right decision based on their estate complexity and needs
- Master smooth and efficient handovers to our Legal team
- Work cross-functionally towards our company OKRs and monthly revenue targets, and assist with quarterly team presentations
- Enjoy a friendly and positive environment, and celebrate the milestones of a startup!
Hopefully you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Fluency in English with strong communication skills
- GCSE’s A-C in English & Maths
- Experience in a B2C sales role
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Nice to have: Education and/or work experience in law
What we offer:
- £30k salary plus performance-based bonus that could take your full earnings to £45k, as well as generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus public holidays
- Hybrid working, mixing working from home with working from our offices in East London (Haggerston)
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
Making your application as smooth as possible:
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. And, if you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, please let us know.