Dealing with death is hard, and here at Farewill we are on a mission to change that. We use technology to seamlessly connect beautifully designed online experiences with world-class human support that makes every death a simple, affordable, brighter goodbye. We started in December 2016 when we launched our online wills business. Since then we’ve launched our probate and funeral businesses, raised £700m+ in pledged income for Charities, built a team of 70 Farewillians, and raised capital from some brilliant investors. We’ve won a tonne of awards and have through-the-roof NPS & Trustpilot scores.
We’re the fastest-growing company in the UK end-of-life sector, now looking to revolutionise the funeral industry.
We’re looking for an Operations Specialist to join us across our growing Funerals product at Farewill. This role is a unique opportunity to support families at the most difficult time and really make a difference to how they remember this important moment in their lives.
A flavour of what you’ll be doing:
- Gaining an intimate knowledge of the funerals product, and our policies, as well as a wider knowledge of our other products (wills and probate).
- Supporting people through the funerals journey.
- Working with our partners to facilitate funeral arrangements and provide timely updates to our customers.
- Supporting our sales team in speaking to prospective customers to explain our offering when needed.
- Being our customers’ key point of contact to collect their information, address their concerns and keep them updated via phone and email.
- Being the voice of the customer - internally championing what is important to our customers.
- Working as part of a small team to drive real impact and change - we’re always seeking to learn and develop our practices and proposition.
In the interview we’re looking for evidence of:
- Exceptional attention to detail. Ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks is critical to taking care of our customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Specifically a great phone manner, able to comfort and deal with grieving families calmly, kindly and sensitively, but also practically.
- Empathy in the way you think about and communicate with our customers and wider team.
- The ability to quickly master internal tools. Changing ways of working quickly and regularly won’t faze you.
- A sense of ownership of problems that arise would be nice.
- We’re a small team so being a great team-player is a big plus.
- We’re also a fast paced start-up and we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow within the company over time and have an impact on what we do and why. A certain level of comfort looking at data as a way to justify new ideas would be a bonus.
- Hours: 45 hours a week
- Working Days: Monday - Friday
- Start/Finish Time: 09:00 - 18:00 (1 hour lunch break)
- Hybrid - in the office 1-2 days a week
- £30,000 per annum salary
- Generous stock options
- Cyclescheme and Santander cycles membership
- 28 days annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of up to 3 days and £1000 per year
- Quarterly team socials