Dealing with death is hard, and here at Farewill we are on a mission to change that. We use technology to seamlessly connect beautifully designed online experiences with world-class human support that makes every death a simple, affordable, brighter goodbye. We started in December 2016 when we launched our online wills business. Since then we’ve launched our probate and funeral businesses, raised £700m+ in pledged income for Charities, built a team of 70 Farewillians, and raised capital from some brilliant investors. We’ve won a tonne of awards and have through-the-roof NPS & Trustpilot scores.
We’re looking for a People Coordinator to support our growing team and create an amazing employee experience for every Farewillian. This role will report into our People Ops Lead and be based in our Haggerston office 5 days/week.
Our People Coordinator will be versatile and far-reaching, taking on responsibilities from owning the office and social experience, to managing ad hoc People and Talent projects, to supporting our CEO and executive team through skillful administration. Their efforts will be felt by everyone in the business.
We’re looking for someone smart, empathetic and driven who cares about the details, is motivated by helping others and wants to create a truly excellent experience for their teammates. This is an exciting role for someone who loves variety and is keen to grow their career in the People space. If this all sounds like a fit, and you are excited to have a massive impact and be a multiplier for the engagement and productivity of our whole team, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Be on the frontline to our team, helping to quickly and enthusiastically resolve People-related issues and questions
- Make our office an inviting, safe and brilliant place to work. From keeping the space tidy and beautiful to making sure we have the right supplies and processes, you’re the maestro
- Provide continuous insight into what’s working and drive change on what needs improvement across our office, socials and rituals
- Help our executive team work as efficiently as possible through diary support and logistics planning
- Support projects across People Operations and Talent, from scheduling interviews to onboarding new teammates to providing HRIS reports
- Play a leadership role in our social committee, with specific emphasis on promoting DE&I and creating memorable company-wide events
- Stay in the loop with current industry trends and ideas, and inspire our People team to evolve our approach to how we work and care for our employees
- Be a core values and cultural champion at Farewill
- Previous experience with managing diaries. This could be through work as an EA/PA, Talent or People coordinating, or other secretarial duties
- Experience managing sensitive data
- Computer literacy, particularly with Google docs and simple Excel or Google sheets reporting
- Great verbal and written communicator
- You have a genuine enthusiasm for helping others and consider empathy to be one of your strengths
- You sweat the details and run a tight ship when it comes to being organised, communicative and thorough
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and change, and consider yourself more of a builder than just a maintainer
- You are proactive, motivated and driven, and love to get stuff done and solve problems
- You are adept at creating and managing social events, and pride yourself on your taste level
- You enjoy the journey; even when the work is hard, you find time for a laugh or a catch-up with your teammates
- A competitive salary of £35-45K plus stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular Passion Talks, team socials & company-wide events
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
Our hiring process
- You’ll have an initial conversation with our VP People. She’ll be keen to learn more about you and your experience, and will tell you all about Farewill
- You’ll then spend time with our People Ops Lead to talk in more depth about the role and all things People. This will include an exercise, allowing you to demonstrate some of your applicable skills
- As a final step, we will have you meet our founder and CEO so you can get an even better feel for our company and culture
- If all goes well, we’ll make you an offer and hopefully it won’t be long until you join us!
Making your application as smooth as possible
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. If you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know.