Hello, we're Farewill, and we're out to change the way the world deals with death.
All of us are going to die. It’s a fundamental, tragic, romantic part of what it is to be human - but the industry that sits on top of it isn’t designed to help us make the most of it. We challenge the status quo by building great product experiences that make dealing with death simpler, more personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
We believe that by equipping people to navigate some of life’s hardest moments, we bring families together, help individuals face up to the fact that they’re going to die, and make life, while it lasts, more meaningful.
We're the UK's biggest (& favourite) will writer, top rated probate provider, and one of the leading funeral companies in the country. Backed by top investors, in the last 24 months we've:
- Averaged a Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 82
- Hit 10,000 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- Closed our £20m Series B
- Won Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year, and more!
- Ranked #3 in the UK's 100 Most Innovative & Disruptive Businesses
- Raised over £650m for charity
If you fancy reading more about our team and culture, have a browse here!
We’re looking for a Finance Manager who will help realise our CFO’s mission of making numbers meaningful. This is a high impact role and an opportunity to work alongside an ambitious and empathetic CFO in building a world-class Finance function from the ground up. Your core remit will be to help achieve this mission through accurate and timely financial reporting that enables value-add FP&A, analysis and business partnering.
In the next 12 months you'll:
- Create monthly financial, investor and board reports
- Manage cash flow forecasting and reporting
- Supervise and approve month end journals
- Streamline processes and introduce new systems to reduce manual processes and reporting time
- Support CFO with the production of FP&A, financial analysis and financial modelling
- VAT and Corporation Tax reporting
- Manage, develop and train a Finance Assistant
Hopefully you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Qualified accountant (+1 year PQE)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail and process orientated
Nice to have, but not a dealbreaker:
- Experience working in scale up environment
- Business partnering with other areas of the business
- FCA experience
- Audit experience
What we offer:
- £65-75k salary plus generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office. For this role, we're looking for someone to come in to our office in Haggerston at least 1x/week
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular Passion Talks and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
Making your application as smooth as possible
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know that too.