Charity Partnerships Lead
Dealing with death is hard, and here at Farewill we are on a mission to change that. We use technology to seamlessly connect beautifully designed online experiences with world-class human support that makes every death a simple, affordable, brighter goodbye. We started in December 2016 when we launched our online wills business. Since then we’ve launched our probate and funeral businesses, raised £700m+ in pledged income for Charities, built a team of 70 Farewillians, and raised capital from some brilliant investors. We’ve won a tonne of awards and have through-the-roof NPS & Trustpilot scores.
We’re looking for a Charity Partnerships Lead to champion and drive the growth of our charity partnerships and manage a small and mighty team of Account Managers. This role will report to our Head of Partnerships and be partially based in our Haggerston office (1-2 days per week).
Our Charity Partnerships Lead will be the voice of the legacy market at Farewill. From retaining and growing our largest charity partners to ensuring that our service is best-in-class, you’ll be at the forefront of this critical revenue stream for the business. One of the ways you’ll approach this is through managing senior stakeholder relationships with our largest charities & representing the value of our offering in the sector. Another is through being a commercial coach and proactive manager for our Partnership teams, helping them get the most out of their efforts.
Finally, you’ll be playing a key role in the social impact of Farewill. We’re on our way to hitting the £1bn mark in gifts in wills this year, supporting thousands of charities and causes, as well as helping thousands of people plan better for their deaths.
- Ensure we hit target in line with our annual plan (revenue & pipeline)
- Identify new exciting ways to grow accounts
- Line manage our charity Account Managers
- Be the ambassador for Farewill in the legacy sector
- Work with senior leadership to set ambitious goals for the team
- Keep us up-to-date with innovations in the legacy world, and use that insight to develop our proposition
- You have at least 5 years experience in client-based work, and ideally 2+ as a people manager
- You have a growth mindset - you’re ambitious and see opportunity everywhere, and can prioritise and execute on those opportunities
- You have strong commercial acumen - you come up with creative commercial solutions to problems, and you act as a commercial coach to everyone on the team
- You love managing people, and know how to get the best out of them
- You have emotional intelligence, and can connect with what our partners are trying to achieve and support them in their incredible work
- A competitive salary of £50-60k + performance-based bonus + stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular Passion Talks, team socials & company-wide events
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
Our hiring process
- You’ll start by having a conversation with our VP People. She’ll be keen to learn more about you and your experience, and will tell you all about Farewill
- Next you’ll meet our Head of Partnerships for a CV-based interview and a short presentation based on your experience
- Then we’ll have you meet more members of the Partnerships team and do a short task with them to give you all a better understanding of how you work
- And finally, you’ll meet our CEO Dan so you can get an even better feel for our company and culture
Making your application as smooth as possible
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. If you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know.