IT Support Engineer
What pops into your head when you think of death? Tombstones? Top hats? Grey, drab Victoriana?… It’s probably not a cheery picture.
At Farewill we set out to change the way the world deals with death. With our three award winning products - wills, probate & cremations - we’re at the forefront of helping people to deal with the inevitable, making every death a simple, affordable, Brighter Goodbye.
1. #1 Death tech company in the UK
2. 14,000+ reviews on Trustpilot at 4.9/5
3. NPS in the 90s across all products
4. £28m raised from top investors
5. UK’s Biggest Will Writer
6. £850m pledged to charity
7. Tonnes of awards: 4x National Will Company of the Year, 2x Best Probate Company, 2x Best Direct Cremation Provider
8. Lean, high-octane team of 65
About the role:
We’re in the privileged position to help people at some of the hardest times in their lives, and we’re passionate about doing the best job possible. Our team needs a great IT setup with the right hardware and software to do their roles with the kindness, urgency and focus that our customers deserve. That’s where you come in.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take ownership of the IT infrastructure of a small, high performing business and to make a meaningful impact on how our team works.
You’ll report into our VP Engineering and work closely with our People Ops Lead on making sure that our team has the best possible IT setup for both office and remote work.
This role is based in our Haggerston office 4 days a week.
There are three qualities we’re looking for in this role:
#1 A kind and supportive problem solver! You’re motivated to help people solve their problems. You’re able to solve a lot of things from your experience but are equally comfortable diving in to learn and research things you’ve never encountered before.
#2 A technology enthusiast who makes things simpleYour instinct is to automate manual tasks for everyone so we can spend more time on impactful projects and supporting our customers. Our in-house software engineering team can help you build your coding and automation skills.
#3 A great communicator As our IT Support Engineer you’ll be talking to everyone in the business. You’re someone who can understand commercial pressures and communicate technical concepts to non-technical people in a way that enables them to understand tradeoffs.
- Macbooks and the occasional PC
- MDM software, ideally Addigy
- Google Workspace
- Office setup with wifi/meeting room hardware
- Familiarity with core information security concepts
What we offer
- A salary of £35-40k + stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular team socials & company-wide events
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
Our hiring process
- You will have an initial conversation with someone from our Recruiting team. We’ll be keen to learn more about you and your experience, and to tell you more about Farewill
- You’ll then have an onsite interview with our VP Engineering and People Ops Lead who will talk to you in more depth about your experience, and technical expertise. This will involve a functional task to allow you to demonstrate your skills and to give you a better flavour for the role
- Lastly, everyone who joins our team meets with a member of our Exec team
Making your application as smooth as possible:
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone. To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us is treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible working options. If you need any adjustments in our interview process to help set you up for success, then please let us know.