Backend Engineer, PHP
Product – Product /
We’re building an open, safe and sustainable marketplace for the gamers of today and tomorrow. Our marketplace supports more than 5m active users (and growing fast!), provides a level of trust, safety and market accessibility unparalleled to none. We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished in such a short time and look forward to sharing this journey with you. Join us as we continue to scale, diversify our portfolio, and grow with the evolving community of gamers.
About your team
Behind every groundbreaking product, there’s an awesome team! In Product, we gather folks with diverse backgrounds and expertise in areas such as product development, management, design, QA, UX, analytics, and more. We move fast, experiment, learn a lot, and build new products for our growing base of 5+ million active users. At the same time, we continue to iterate and improve on our flagship products: Digital, a safe and affordable marketplace for gamers. Physical, where we enable users to turn their second-hand items into someone’s first-tier gaming experience. Or Payments & Risk, where we provide a smooth, secure and reliable purchase experience.
- Utilise your expertise to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our software.
- Produce code that reads like poetry and take full ownership of your work: build, ship and maintain your codebase to the highest standards as we scale.
- Raise the bar of our entire technology stack: detect and act upon inefficiencies in architecture, codebase design and/or implementations with O(n!) complexity.
- Develop new features while in product discovery, bring innovations to vendor tooling, and launch solutions that will affect user growth, service quality, and sales metrics.
- Contribute towards the development of our digital products; marketplace for digital game keys, in-game points, and prepaid cards on services like PlayStation Network, Xbox Live, and others.
- Effectively partner with product managers, fellow engineers, designers and the entire cross-functional product team working towards top user value.
- Deliver measurable impact, track outcomes, and bring continuous improvements to dramatically boost our team’s impact.
- 3+ years of experience developing with PHP; preferably Symfony framework.
- Experience in communicating with cross-functional and technical teams, as well as product management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and engineering/product strategy.
- Base knowledge of AWS, Terraform, Docker, MariaDB, time-series databases.
- Base knowledge of common patterns like CQRS, circuit breaking, service orchestration.
- Ability to effectively contribute to architectural discussions.
- Self-learner, eager to develop domain-specific knowledge as business goals change.
- Team player able to recognise and utilise individual teammates’ strengths towards the good of the team.
Preferred requirements as we grow
- Experience with Agile SW development methodologies and Scrum framework.
Gross salary: EUR 2900 - 6000
- Salary ranges may vary. We’re seeking candidates with varied experience levels; from individual contributors to functional leaders in this space.
- We’re an international team and our business language of choice is English. Good English level is required, proficiency is preferred.
What it’s like to work at Eneba
* Opportunity to help scale a unique product and join Employee Stock Options Plan.
* Startup vibe, personal, and professional growth at an exponential rate.
* A modern and innovative company with a fresh attitude to ‘’how it’s done’’.
* Additional annual leave, no questions asked approach.
* Remote and flexible work programs for our global workforce.
* And all other neat stuff one expects to find in a well-structured workplace.