Junior Data Engineer
Consulting – Data Engineering /
Our passion is to create the most effective data architectures for the top global companies. We cover the complete data and cloud transformation journey from architecture through engineering to enablement. Our focus is to implement lasting solutions in data and cloud with cutting-edge technologies.
We are Delivery Partners for Databricks, the creators of Apache Spark. We are Microsoft Gold Partners, delivering cloud migration and data architecture on Azure. Our partnerships enable us to work with the most prominent global companies, such as Norsk-Hydro, Johnson&Johnson, Richter, Bayer, Shell, Essity, Vonage, and many more.
We are a preferred data training company, providing onsite and online courses globally. We have been teaching professionals at such prestigious companies as Apple, Amazon, NASA, Uber, Microsoft, T-Mobile, GE, Ericsson, and many more to improve their impact with data.
We are working in a wide range of different industries spanning from energy and manufacturing through logistics and finance to retail, pharmaceutical, and technology. One thing is common, though:
'We make data our client’s best asset.'
First, your most important job is to learn. Your first months as a junior will be dedicated to picking up knowledge about big data and cloud technologies. After the training period, you will work with EMEA/US companies and help them solve their data engineering, ML engineering, and cloud migration problems. You will benefit from the support of a dedicated mentor and of course a supportive team.
Skills You Have
- Practice in Programming, Computer Science Foundations We will provide you with training in big data, cloud, and machine learning. What we can not teach you is programming. You must have previous programming experience either from university (eg. internship) or by doing home projects. In the latter case, you must show us at least two working code sets/applications that run live. A strong computer science foundation is essential.
- Fluency in English The majority of the work we do is delivered in Western Europe, so fluent oral and written English is vital.
- Consultant mindset For being successful in your position, you must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as an attitude for taking responsibility for what you do. As a consulting company, we work with companies that need professional help. When we work with someone, we are all-in on their problems and we go the extra mile to make sure our involvement will make them successful. This comes with a lot of responsibilities and even more freedom to make an impact. We have extremely high client satisfaction rates and we will be keeping it that way. That's Datapao’s priority #1.
- Willingness and capability to learn Goes without saying that as a junior you will continuously learn and develop yourself professionally and personally as well. You will learn how to work in a highly efficient team, how to answer the most unexpected questions coming your way when working with clients and you will also acquire enormous new knowledge about different technologies, of course.
What We Offer
- Extensive Learning Path Joining Datapao comes with serious educational benefits. You will be admitted to both our own and Databricks' public and internal advanced courses, where you will learn all the tricks of Distributed Data Processing, MLOps, Apache Spark, Databricks, and Cloud Migration from the best experts out there. We provide dedicated time for learning during work hours and we also cover the expenses of the courses and certifications. You will also get a dedicated mentor and access to our library/ebooks. No tricks, no small prints, no binding contracts, or repayment if you quit.
- Competitive Salary The salary range depends on your level of seniority. At a junior level, it is 600 000 to 750 000 HUF gross, full-time employment, no tax tricks. The minimum requirement is some work experience of any kind, some practical experience in programming, and a good command of English.
- Generous, Transparent Bonus System A very significant part of Datapao's yearly profit is paid out in the form of bonuses. Our Partner System allows employees with significant contributions to receive a generous part of the profit. Our carefully crafted calculation ensures that your bonus is calculated based on a fully transparent formula and is independent of subjective evaluations of the company's success.
- Private Medical Insurance We provide a private medical insurance package (Medicover Blue) for you.
- Flexible Work Culture Our office is located in the heart of Budapest, at Oktogon. It is up to the teammates how many days they spend in the office a week, but in the case of juniors we believe in being present at least two days a week to meet the team, and consult their mentor IRL.
- The Best Equipment for Work Working comfortably means working well, therefore you will get a MacBook Pro and a Herman Miller office chair plus whatever you need (eg. headphones, monitor). We have standing desks in the office.
- Working all day is not for humans... We have a well-equipped kitchen, meaning you can have your breakfast, or even fetch your midday pasta in the office, drink quality coffee and tea, or hand-crafted beer - after work hours! 😉 We have games, comfy sofas, and a separate apartment for napping as well!
- Transparent, No Bullshit Culture We are a rapidly growing company of 20+ members (we doubled our number of employees in 2022 Q1), which comes with lots of moving parts, so it's vital for us to keep maneuvering, experimenting, and learning from our mistakes. This can only be done when all of us work together to keep office politics and bullshit to zero, and to provide as much transparency as possible. Feedbacks and dialogues are an essential part of our daily business. Every two weeks during our All Hands meeting you will get an update on everything related to the company (finances, clients, ongoing projects, HR, recruitment, etc.) and you are free to ask.
- ‘Designing and Implementing a Real-time Data Lake with Dynamically Changing Schema’ (EN) by Máté Gulyás (2021, Spark AI Summit)
- ‘Amit senki sem mond el egy AI-projektről’ (HU) by Máté Gulyás (2019, HWSW Mobile! conference)
- ‘Adatelemzés a gyártásban’ (HU) by Máté Gulyás (2019, 10. SMART konferencia)
- ‘Modern adat platformok’ (HU) by Máté Gulyás (2019, AWSome Day)
- ‘Azure Databricks demo’ (10sec)
- ‘Real Time Predictions on the Factory Floor’ (EN) by Máté Gulyás (2018, Spark Summit EU)
- ‘The Data that’s eating everything’ (EN) by Máté Gulyás (2018, IVSZ)
- ‘Winning strategies and technologies in Industry 4.0 and IoT’ (EN) by Máté Gulyás (2018, Big Data Universe Conference)
Please review this detailed presentation created for our candidates.
If you know someone at Datapao, feel free to reach out directly. Also, if you have any further questions, let us know at email@example.com
We are committed to the right for privacy and keeping your data safe with us. We do not share your data with any third parties, and keep your application for two years unless you ask us to delete it or extend the duration. We use your data solely to recruitment purposes to let you know about career opportunities at Datapao and manage your application. Please contact us with any inqueries or questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Follow us on LinkedIn for all the good news!