IT ELECTRONIC OFFICER-CRUISE SHIP-EMBARKATION ASAP
Cruise Ships – Deck Department /
- Responsible for the maintenance of the ship’s communication equipment, navigational aids, radio and TV sets and has to organize services as required by international and Company regulations
- Ensures readiness of nautical equipment for operation
- Keeps the ship’s communication equipment, including the GMDSS equipment in good working order and carries out the tests as required
- Responsible to keep the GMDSS log book and other log books required
- Responsible for the proper TV and radio program work in co-operation with the Cruise Director
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the TV studio, cabin TVs
- Maintenance of CCTV System
- Responsible for Public Address System
- Maintains official computers throughout the vessel
- Keep Servers in good working order with scheduled physical preventive maintenance
- Install, Maintain, repair PC workstations, ensure correct operation, install service packs and update software. Make sure installed programs follow type of user specification. Report users with installed software outside specification
- Monitor UPS operation and battery expiry dates.
- Maintain IT and communication equipment inventory. Ensure stock of critical spare parts
- In respect of IT services subordinates to Company IT Manager
- To maintain Internet Equipment, connections and technical support. (WI-FI etc.)
- Must be able to read, write and fluently speak English
- Serious professional personality.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and on board computer management systems.
- Compliance with STCW training requirements