STEWARD/ESS (3) -ROPAX FERRY- EMBARKATION 26/4/2023
Cruise Ships – Hospitality /
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greets guests.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any, try to upsell.
- Take beverage orders from the guest on the handheld Point of sale (POS) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Communicate to the guest and aid with their queries.
- Co - ordinate with the Ass. Waiters, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the hotel.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist the Ass. Waiters with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
- Physical mobility and stamina required.
- Ability to follow instruction, detail-oriented, professional attitude is required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience – must have at least 6 months sea-service
- Language requirements are:
English – must be above average
German language – to be able to converse with the German passengers
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
Minimum qualifications / experience
- National Seamans Book
- Basic Safety Training (A-VI/I §1-2)
- Passenger Ships Personnel Certificate - CROWD (V2 §4-7; A-V/2- 2.1-.4)
- Proficiency in Survival Craft & Rescue Boat (A-VI/2 §1)
- Security Awareness Training (A-VI/6-2)
- Medical Health Cert
- Food handling cert https://stcw.online/course/food-safety-and-hygiene-for-galley-staff
- SAFE PASS (Covid-19)
Competitive salary package in EUR
Travel expenses paid
Only EU-Schengen applicants can be considered