IT Desktop Support Analyst Japan
Professional Services – IT /
We are seeking an IT Workplace Support Analyst based in our Tokyo, Japan office. Fluency in both Japanese and english languages is required for this position.
You will be the first line of contact with our employees for issue resolution, service requests and general information technology (IT) inquiries. You will be a key member of the Quantinuum IT organization, helping to elevate the end-user experience and increase overall employee satisfaction by engaging directly with employees through walk-up services, deskside assistance, and remote support as required. You will be responsible for implementing and driving Quantinuum’s Workplace Support activities, including daily assistance with end-user systems, devices, services, applications, and software.
As a member of the Workplace Support team, you will leverage industry standards and best practices, service desk automation, and workplace-related technologies to ensure Quantinuum employees in Japan have access to the systems and services whenever and wherever they need them. You will be supported by a global IT organization, providing cutting-edge solutions and services to scientific teams to increase collaboration, productivity and development of quantum software, applications and hardware which will have a future impact on our everyday lives. Previous experience and a track record of exceeding end-user expectations are ideal for this position. We are a fast-paced start-up looking for a self-motivated, employee-focused, and ambitious technology support professional.
- Work with a global IT organization and create/delete various accounts which will be necessary in the company.
- Provide walk-up, desk-side and remote services to support laptops, desktops, mobile devices, printers and other IT and technology systems and services, including operating systems, software, and other workplace-related applications.
- Rapidly respond to and update the status of incidents, problems, and service requests leveraging best practices in service delivery and service desk automation.
- Provide Life Cycle Management of IT resources, including, purchasing, inventory, storage, deployment, tracking and returns and provide updated reporting and metrics to the IT leadership team.
- Ensure timely imaging, configuration and deployment/redeployment of IT resources and assets, including installation of software and applying software patches and updates.
- Aid with onsite and remote teleconferencing systems and audio-visual presentation equipment for onsite and virtual presentations, meetings, conferences, and media events.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education to support the position.
- 3+ years experience providing workplace, end-user, or desktop support.
- Broad knowledge and experience with workplace, end-user and desktop support systems, services, and procedures.
- Ability to install, set up, configure and troubleshoot IT assets, operating systems, and software.
- Experience with remote support and collaboration tools for incident logging, service request tracking and asset management.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory management.
- Fluency in both Japanese and English languages to communicate with the global team.
- IT Certifications including CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft MCSA, highly preferred or other relevant certifications.
- Experience working in a technology start-up environment.
- Linux experience in an active directory environment.
- Scripting experience is a plus.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong desire to learn new skills and help others learn.
- Ability to present and communicate IT concepts at all levels of the company.
- Willingness to be flexible in meeting the demands of the fast-moving business.
Location: Office in Otemachi Tokyo, Japan (with flexibility to work remotely)
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry.
We offer a highly competitive package, a positive approach to flexible working,
health insurance, commuting allowance, enhanced holidays and incentive schemes.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.