Software Engineer (Quantum Software)
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer for our Munich team. In the quantum computing race, new qubit technologies are emerging at an accelerating rate. The key challenge of compilation is the mapping of a desired computation into operations available on a physical device. Its solution requires heuristic compilation strategies and those strategies need to be reconsidered with each new quantum processor.
Quantinuum Germany is collaborating with a quantum hardware firm to write an open source compiler package for a new quantum computing architecture. You will be the Lead Developer on that project.
You’ll work closely with our quantum computing researchers and will have input in the entire development process through research, design, programming and testing. Prior knowledge of quantum computing is desirable but not a requirement. Your contribution will be an important step in our pursuit of industrially useful quantum advantage.
- You will be comfortable and experienced working in software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others.
- Be able to articulate your experience with collaboration tools (e.g. version control, bug tracking systems) and general programming tools (e.g. a debugger, profiler, software testing tools).
- You will have the ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code.
- You mindset will be Professional and conscientious with the ability to work with teams across disciplines and organizations.
- Familiarity with C++ and Python
You must have:
- 2:1 degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering.
- Significant software development experience, preferably in Python.
- Familiarity with quantum physics or quantum computation, linear algebra
- Experience working agile methods
- Awareness of and interest in code patterns design and SOLID design principles
- Knowledge in other modern programming languages such as Rust and Julia
- Theoretical understanding of classical or quantum compilation
- Familiarity with modern C++ (at least up to C++ 17)
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 30 days annual leave plus public holidays and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.