Quantum Photonics Engineers (Various levels)
Science & Technology – Cyber & Quantum Technologies /
Quantinuum's cybersecurity department is looking for a number of Quantum Photonics Engineers at various seniorities to expand our world-class photonics team and pioneer disruptive quantum cybersecurity technologies. As a quantum photonics engineer you will combine your knowledge of quantum optics, quantum information and photonics engineering to develop novel and innovative solutions. You will have the opportunity to explore ground-breaking research topics, engineer proof-of-concept demonstrations and develop prototypes. Our aim in the optics team is to develop application-specific devices and prototypes which provide quantum-enhanced security.
In this role, you will be working within an agile team of quantum optics and quantum information scientists and collaborate closely with our quantum cryptography team. As a member of the photonics team, you will realise Quantinuum's protocols and have the freedom to be self-driven and pioneer quantum optics solutions in cybersecurity. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with world leaders in the field and will have access to state-of-the-art facilities.
- Design, simulate and model new quantum photonic systems.
- Implement and develop optical designs in the lab.
- Qualify and improve existing quantum optical designs and methodologies.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team, along with scientific advisors, to develop new ideas and products.
- PhD (or equivalent experience) in Physics, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Deep understanding of quantum photonics.
- Hands on experience and knowledge in at least two of the following: Quantum key distribution, Sources of entanglement, Single photon emitters, Quantum random number generators, Single photon detectors
- Proficient with creating theoretical models of photonic systems.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team.
- Track record of publications in relevant fields.
- Job experience in research, either post-doc or industry.
- Previous experience working with and developing practical quantum devices.
- Working knowledge in quantum information and cryptography.
- Familiarity with high-speed optical modulation and detection.
- Proficient with a programming language such as python or C.
- Ability to mentor and coach colleagues.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.