Software Developer Backend - Quantum Software
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a global leader in software and enterprise applications that help its partners, collaborators, and clients to work effortlessly across multiple platforms and solve some of the most intriguing problems in their industry through quantum computing. Our focus is in the areas of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption.
CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. We are in the process of expanding our operations significantly across our offices in Cambridge (U.K.), Oxford, London, Washington, DC, and Tokyo.
The company’s Cambridge-based quantum software team are seeking to hire an experienced Software Developer. This is a full time position. In this role you will help to develop and deliver CQC’s web services for cloud-based quantum computing aimed at both internal users and external clients. You’ll work closely with our quantum computing researchers and software teams to make using quantum computers as easy as sending email. Prior knowledge of quantum computing is desirable but not a requirement.
This position requires a background in Computer Science or Scientific Computation and involves software development of web services that manage running programs on real quantum hardware and making the results available to researchers. You will be collaborating within a small team and will have input in the entire development process through research, design, programming and testing. You will have the freedom to think independently and creatively in the team and make a real impact.
- Significant software development experience, preferably in Python and/or Rust.
- Experience with back-end web development technologies such as REST APIs, relational databases and work queues.
- Comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others.
- Experience with collaboration tools (e.g. version control, bug tracking systems) and general programming tools (e.g. a debugger, profiler, software testing tools).
- A 2:1 degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering.
- Ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code.
- Familiarity with quantum computing, quantum algorithms, or quantum information.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Experience deploying web applications to cloud service providers.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package including equity participation, 28 day’s paid annual leave, a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Founded in 2014, CQC operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 130 professionals, CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. CQC has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. CQC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer