Quantum Research Scientist - Germany/Munich
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
Quantum Research Scientist - Germany/Munich
We are looking for Research Scientists with experience in Quantum Algorithms. This team will be based in Germany/Munich. You will invent new algorithms, improve existing ones, benchmark their performance and estimate resource requirements. Preferential access to quantum hardware will enable you to design your algorithms using the real data output of state-of-the-art devices. We have an academic culture, with flexible work hours and time to develop your own ideas. You will work in a group of scientists with a diverse range of expertise. Through our network of industrial and academic partners, you will get access to concrete problems and domain-specific know-how. You will disseminate your results by publishing and giving talks. Your contribution will be an important step in our pursuit of industrially useful quantum advantage.
We are committed to Deep Work and put processes in place that allow all of our scientists large chunks of uninterrupted focus every day. Developing your own ideas is encouraged. We embrace diversity and inclusion.
We are currently in the process of establishing Cambridge Quantum Deutschland GmbH which will serve as the European Union headquarters for CQ and is an important part of our global effort to pioneer the development of quantum computing software. As a key commercial and scientific hub, it is expected that CQ Deutschland will enable us to play an important role and participate in the development of quantum science and technology in Germany. In 2020, the German Federal Government demonstrated its support by announcing €2bn of investment in quantum technologies as part of the stimulus package for the future. In June 2021, Cambridge Quantum announced a merger with Honeywell Quantum Solutions (subject to standard regulatory and corporate approvals).
- Carry out original research, based on both your own ideas and on customer demands
- Write manuscripts and see them through the publication process
- Assist in the implementation of your algorithms in our quantum development frameworks t|ket> and EUMEN.
- Communicate progress and disseminate results
- Help with technical details of grant proposals
- Teach your research and field of expertise to junior members of the team
- A PhD in a quantitative subject (e.g., physics, mathematics, computer science)
- Published Research in any of the following areas:
- Application of Tensor Networks in Quantum Chemistry
- Application of Tensor Networks in Condensed Matter
- Machine Learning (Classical or Quantum)
- Open Quantum Systems
- Computational Material Science
- Experimental implementation of superconducting qubits
- Experimental implementation of ion traps
- Integrability in exactly solvable quantum systems
- Analog Quantum Simulation e.g., with Cold Atoms
- Quantum Error Correction
- Quantum Algorithms & Complexity Theory
- Quantum Compilation
- Familiarity with Python
- Some roles require familiarity with High-Performance Scientific Computing
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 30 days annual leave plus public holidays and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.