Software Engineering Manager - Cybersecurity
Science & Technology – Cyber & Quantum Technologies /
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world-leading independent quantum computing software company. Our focus areas include quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum cybersecurity. CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders.
Our cybersecurity division is developing a number of quantum-related technologies to enhance the security of our enterprise customers. This includes the world’s only quantum random number generator (QRNG) that uses quantum computers to produce perfectly unbiased entropy.
About the role
CQC cybersecurity team has developed a range of quantum technologies that enables an industry leading source of Certifiably Quantum Entropy and has recently launched the world’s first cloud-based certifiable Quantum Random Number Generator (cQRNG). Deployment of this entropy in the cryptography space, is paving the way for new levels of information security, even in a post-quantum world. Such entropy is also currently being deployed for statistics, sampling and mathematical modelling.
Our cybersecurity engineering team is growing quickly. We are now looking for an experienced software engineer who can take a hands-on leadership role, demonstrating best practices to the team and coaching junior members.
You will spend about 60% of your time designing and implementing software, with the remaining time dedicated to team management. Your experience will be particularly important for ensuring the architecture of the software is appropriate.
Given the nature of our work, previous exposure to cybersecurity is highly desirable. However, the key focus of this role is the effective management of a high-performance engineering team.
- Line management of a growing team of software engineers.
- Taking a hands-on role in the design and implementation of our software platform.
- Coaching and supporting the team, sharing and implementing best practices.
- Hiring exceptional software engineers.
- Establishing a culture of high performance and quality.
- Working directly with customers on escalated issues.
- Extensive software development experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Experience of developing cloud-based SaaS platforms.
- Familiarity with best practices for continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience with collaboration tools such as Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science or another related discipline.
- Significant programming experience in C, C++ or Golang.
- Knowledge of cryptography and hardware security modules.Previous management experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with quantum computing.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package including equity participation, 28 day’s paid annual leave, a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Founded in 2014, CQC operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 130 professionals, CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. CQC has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
CQC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer.