Software Quality Assurance Specialist
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a global leader in software and enterprise applications that help its partners, collaborators, and clients to work effortlessly across multiple platforms and solve some of the most intriguing problems in their industry through quantum computing. Our focus is in the areas of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption.
CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. We are in the process of expanding our operations significantly across our offices in Cambridge (U.K.), Oxford, London, Washington, DC, and Tokyo.
The quantum software team are seeking to hire a Software Quality Assurance specialist. You will be responsible for quality assurance of for t|ket>, our quantum software development platform. You will carry out periodic reviews of software quality assurance activities to ensure the timely delivery of the software design area.
You will be collaborating with a small team of scientists and software developers, and will have input in the entire development process through original research, development, and implementation. You will have the freedom to pursue your own ideas, think independently and creatively in the team, and make a real impact.
- A 2:1 degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering.
- 3+ years’ commercial experience in test or quality assurance roles.
- Proven ability to design and architect high quality, reliable software test assets including test design, approach, scripts and bugs.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both manual and automated testing.
- Programming experience, preferably in C/C++ or Python.
- Strong computing skills and an aptitude for learning to use advanced software.
- A methodical approach and a good eye for detail.
- Analytical skills, including the ability to understand and reason about complex information.
- Creative problem solver in deciphering solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced, collaborative team
- Familiarity with quantum computing, quantum algorithms, or quantum information.
- Familiarity with Python.
- Experience with scripting languages and test automation frameworks.
- Software development background.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package including equity participation, 28 day’s paid annual leave, a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Founded in 2014, CQC operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 130 professionals, CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. CQC has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. CQC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer