Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
The company’s Cambridge-based quantum software team is seeking to hire a Software Quality Assurance Engineer. This is a full time position. You will be working on testing and improving our quantum software development platform. You will focus on creating and implementing API and E2E test plans, as well as contributing to the development of QA processes and best practices. Ideally you will have experience of testing complex web applications, or developing and testing scientific computing software.
This position requires a background in computer science and software testing. Familiarity with quantum computing is a plus, but not essential. The position involves the development of automated tests primarily in Python. You will be collaborating with a small team, and will have input in the entire development process. You will have the freedom to think independently and creatively in the team and make a real impact.
- Significant test development experience in Python using the pytest framework.
- Significant development experience of E2E tests using frameworks such as cypress or selenium.
- Strong understanding of the complete software life cycle.
- Comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, reviewing and writing code.
- Experience with collaboration tools (e.g. version control, bug tracking systems) and general programming tools (e.g. a debugger, profiler, software testing tools).
- A 2:1 degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering.
- Experience with other quantum software development platforms.
- Experience with API and SDK testing.
- Familiarity with testing microservices in dockerized environments.
- Experience in performance testing.
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.