Senior Field-programmable gate array (FPGA) Engineer
Science & Technology – Cyber & Quantum Technologies /
We are looking for an experienced FPGA engineer to join our cybersecurity team. In this role, you will be part of the group that helps to develop practical quantum devices. You will work closely with your colleagues to develop the support electronics and software for our photonic systems. In addition, using your expertise and knowledge of FPGAs, microcontrollers and their uses in cryptography you will implement novel cryptographic schemes.
You don’t need to have quantum experience to apply for this role, but any background in this area is welcome. Our main goal is to find a high-performing developer who works well in a team and has significant experience working with FPGAs and microcontrollers.
- Working effectively within an interdisciplinary team during rapid product development.
- Programming FPGAs and microcontrollers for cryptographic applications.
- Programming in a variety of languages, including (at least) C and C++.
- Adapting to new programming languages and frameworks, as needed.
- Ensuring code quality through development of automated tests and participation in peer reviews.
- Providing guidance to junior colleagues.
- Experience with programming FPGAs and microcontrollers.
- Hands-on experience working with high-frequency electronics.
- Knowledge of low-level system timing and function.
- Familiarity with standard collaboration tools, including Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or another STEM subject.
- Knowledge of cryptography and working with hardware security modules.
- Basic level of understanding of how lasers and photodiodes work.
- Developing dedicated electronics to interface with optical equipment e.g. lasers/detectors.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.