London, Victoria /
Science & Technology – Machine Learning and Applied Quantum Algorithms /
Cambridge Quantum (CQ) is a global leader in quantum computing. Our software helps our partners, collaborators, and clients to solve the most difficult problems in their industries through quantum computing. Our focus is in the areas of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, quantum algorithms and quantum encryption.
As part of our mission to expand our world class team and our pioneering work in the quantum industry Cambridge Quantum Computing’s Machine Learning (ML) team is searching for a Data Engineer.
In this role you will help to streamline the data preparation for the training and the deployment of ML models for real-time financial forecasting. You would be developing and maintaining a bespoke data acquisition and processing pipeline that serves both the ML development and the live production system, as well as working on the data preparation stage for crafting new ML trading strategies.
The successful candidate will join the London Victoria office and will be working in a highly dynamic, development-focused group, alongside software engineers and machine learning scientists.
- Integrate new data sources in live and back testing systems.
- Maintain and replenish the central repository of tick data.
- Maintain and verify both back testing and live Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) pipelines.
- Preparing datasets according to the scientists’ specs to train ML models.
- Maintain custom scientific data processing software, ensuring scalability and best practices.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or associated quantitative discipline (Math, Physics, Computational Statistics, Machine Learning) / or demonstrable work experience.
- Python 3, proficient.
- Linux OS and its scripting methods, knowledgeable.
- Development and deployment of ETL pipelines and ML algorithms in training and production environments, experienced in a commercial or research environment.
- Unit and integration testing, knowledgeable.
- Continuous Integration and AGILE development, familiar.
- Financial data of considerable size (Terabyte sized), familiar
- SQL (PostgreSQL or MySQL), knowledgeable.
- Developing, deploying and maintaining microservices and APIs using Flask or NodeJS, knowledgeable.
- Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure and its data processing and ML stacks, familiar.
- C++, knowledgeable.
- Modern ETL systems, e.g. Apache Kafka/Confluent, familiar.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package including equity participation, 28 day’s paid annual leave, a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Founded in 2014, CQ operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 150 professionals, CQ has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 100 scientists, of which over 70 are Ph.D. holders. CQ has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies. We are in the process of expanding our operations significantly across our offices in Cambridge (U.K.), Oxford, London, Washington, DC, and Tokyo.
In June 2021, CQ announced a merger with Honeywell Quantum Solutions (HQS), a Honeywell business unit and maker of the highest performing quantum computer currently available. Honeywell has been an investor in and commercial partner with Cambridge Quantum since 2019. The deal is intended to close in Q4 this calendar year and is subject to the satisfaction of certain regulatory approvals, and other customary closing conditions.
Please note that employment at CQ is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
CQ is an inclusive equal opportunity employer