Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Experience
Science & Technology – Cyber & Quantum Technologies /
Our cybersecurity engineering team is growing quickly. We are looking for a C++ Senior Software Engineer with good cloud and infrastructure programming experience to help us grow Quantum Origin - the world's first commercially available cryptographic key generation platform based on verifiable quantum randomness.
You will be part of a software engineering team - programming predominantly in C++, but other languages too as appropriate - to improve our products. Furthermore, you will support the Quantum Origin service, and contribute to the efforts to ensure availability of the service. The ideal applicant will be knowledgeable about the latest cloud engineering technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm, etc., as well as the leading Cloud platforms - which may include Azure (preferred) or AWS. You will also support other efforts related to engineering.
We are a skilled team and we are happy to support a good engineer to strengthen their coding abilities through 1-to-1 support and training. We are happy to work with you to make a role that genuinely works for you.
A full list of responsibilities and skills can be found below. If you have knowledge of Rust and/or Intel SGX, this is of interest to us (but not mandatory for the role) - please make this clear on your application. This role offers flexible and remote working, with occasional travel to the office.
Responsibilities, work within the cybersecurity software engineering team to:
- Working both independently and as part of the team to develop, maintain and expand Quantinuum’s cybersecurity software suite in a manner typical of a software engineer, with particular reference to the Cloud-related elements of the software suite.
- To work with our Infrastructure Engineer(s) and Architects to maintain Quantum Origin
- Adapting to new, typically Cloud-oriented, development frameworks and programming languages, as needed.
- Providing support and guidance to others in your areas of expertise.
- Identifying areas where personal improvement is necessary and working with the Manager to identify suitable training - we can support training and personal development.
- Presenting and demonstrating to others on your work and progress
- Taking ownership of parts of projects, or the entirety of smaller projects.
- Taking ownership of the Cloud solutions, and the key decisions involving the Cloud service. This includes the existing Kubernetes deployment software. Improving the security, performance and availability of the Cloud deployment.
- Working with internal stakeholders (Product and Solutions teams) to identify technical requirements for smaller projects
- Working as part of a team to design larger products, or independently leading technical design for smaller projects
- Ensuring code quality through development of automated tests and participation in peer reviews.
- Keeping tickets up-to-date with current status. Creating new tickets as necessary.
- Identifying areas of potential improvement throughout our products and work processes, and informing others of your findings
- Other reasonable responsibilities as expected for an Engineer.
- A good working knowledge of C++, with C being useful too.
- Sufficient knowledge of Bash and Python to support testing.
- Experience working with databases, HTTP protocols, APIs and other associated skills.
- A good working knowledge of modern Cloud design strategies and programming/scripting languages. Docker, Kubernetes and Helm, in particular, are essential. (We do not require you to be a C++ guru if you have strong knowledge of Kubernetes, Helm, etc.)
- Experience using Azure (preferred), AWS or Google Cloud for setting up virtual machines, deploying networks and systems, etc.
- Experience deploying high-reliability (and ideally, high-performance) Cloud services
- A strong ability to develop, maintain and expand software, independently and within a team.
- A track record of previous successful software development and cloud-oriented development.
- A working understanding of secure design and secure implementation. Hardening servers and server infrastructure from attack.
- A working understanding of secure design and secure implementation.
- Experience working within a team to develop software. Familiarity with standard collaboration tools such as Git. Familiarity with CI/CD.
- Good written and verbal communication. An understanding of the sector that we work within.
- A relevant degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience
- Logging and Monitoring stacks over K8s, Vulnerability analysis of K8s and taking defensive actions (RBAC and alike).
- Database maintenance, preferably including knowledge of cloud databases.
- An interest in the quantum computing sector
- A good understanding of Intel SGX technology, including designing, implementing and supporting such code
- Cryptography, and cryptographic protocols. Designing the use of secure cryptography within a system.
- Good understanding of Authentication and Authorization (e.g. OAuth2).
- Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), including both technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Rust, Go or other languages
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, equity, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension, a positive approach to flexible working and enhanced parental and adoption benefits.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.