Research Scientist, Quantum Error Correction
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
Quantinuum is expanding its Quantum Error Correction team in its Cambridge office. As a Research Scientist, you'll work on reducing error rates in quantum states, gates, preparations, measurements, and algorithms. This includes, but is not limited to, improvements in compilation of quantum algorithms into sequences of fault-tolerant operations, the design of quantum error-correcting codes and fault-tolerant circuits, as well as advances in quantum control and device/process characterization. You'll work closely with our hardware and software engineers to integrate error correction into our quantum stack. A key element of the role will be ensuring performance on real quantum hardware.
Based in the Cambridge office, you will be working in a research-focused group with scientific direction from experienced researchers. With the freedom to think independently and creatively, this is an excellent opportunity to advance the theory and practice of quantum computing.
- Researching quantum error correction methods and fault-tolerant algorithms to run on real and simulated quantum computers
- Collaborating with software engineers in the team to implement new techniques
- Writing articles and publishing in leading scientific journals
- Keeping up-to-date with the literature of the field
- A Ph.D. degree or equivalent – or will have submitted their thesis prior to taking up the position – in Maths, Computer Science, Theoretical Physics or a related discipline
- A strong research record showing evidence of their ability to understand the fundamentals of QECC and contribute new ideas
- Scientific computing, programming in Python, and preferably one or more of: C++, Rust, Julia
- Communicating scientific ideas clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.