Senior Systems Administrator
Professional Services – IT /
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator. Join a team that is supporting some of the most innovative business opportunities in Quantinuum. As part of the Technology Services team, you will have the opportunity to solve complex computing challenges, work directly with end users, and explore cutting-edge solutions that support engineering, scientific and business needs. We’re hiring proven information technology experts who thrive in fast-paced environments and have a passion for performing at their maximum potential.
Working closely with infrastructure and application leaders, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of critical applications and systems that provide services to the business IT landscape.
- Install, maintain, upgrade and configure applications and assist with other IT-related projects as determined by business need across a multi-site environment.
- Maintain appropriate documentation, including drawings, configurations, settings and recovery plans.
- Work directly with the Applications Leader to define a long-term application and application support strategy focused on cost optimization and end-user needs.
- Provide Windows, Linux operating system administration, including logging solutions, OS building/configuration and script writing.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot and resolve application issues across complex enterprise and local environments.
- Enforce IT related security policies and controls by following defined procedures and standards.
- Research and evaluate current and emerging technologies and stay informed of new technologies and solutions that increase productivity, innovation, and business capabilities.
- Provide administration of backup/recovery processes and procedures.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to software defined infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- 5 or more years’ experience in Advanced IT technologies.
- 5 or more years’ experience in systems administration with a strong focus in systems deployment, network topology design, storage system management, system automation, docker container integration, system monitoring
- Hands on experience and experience with, but not limited to the following technologies: internal and external cloud environments, support for agile application processes, Linux Administration/LDAP integration, VMWare, Active Directory, Security best practices.
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially Kubernetes, Ansible, and Terraform
- Familiarity with agile software development processes
- Training and/or good experience in Linux, LDAP, Vmware,
- Proven experience providing system administration support for Windows and /or Linux Operating systems.
- Software development (C++, Java, etc.) capability and knowledge of programming or scripting languages (Perl, Python, Ruby).
- Strong knowledge in Linux Administration, Automation and Deployment.
- Familiarity with HPC Cluster Administration
- Extensive experience in using CI-CD tools like Gitlab, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Artifactory
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of MySQL, MSSQL and non-SQL data stores
- Experience with monitoring tools (IRIS, NetScout, Grafana, Prometheus, Datadog).
- Working knowledge of core Internet protocols and services (e.g., IP, TCP, UDP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, syslog) required.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server OS and troubleshooting
- Proficient with installation, configuration and managing VMware Environments – deployment automation
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaboration skills with the ability to instruct others on the team
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
- Willingness to cross train into other areas for overlapping support to meet the business need.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.