HR Manager Japan
Professional Services – HR /
Quantinuum is the world’s leading integrated quantum computing company, formed in late 2021 by the combination of two leaders in the global ecosystem for quantum computing: Honeywell Quantum Solutions and Cambridge Quantum. Quantinuum’s mission is to accelerate the development of quantum computing and innovation of quantum technologies to deliver real-world quantum-enabled solutions for some of the most intractable problems that classical computers have not been able to solve.
Our company is in a period of significant growth and we are scaling our Japanese team across all areas of our business. To support and help drive this growth we are looking for our first HR Manager in the region to come and join the local team and form an important part of Quantinuum’s global HR team.
As an experienced HR Manager you will play a vital role in managing and developing all people activities and processes in the region. You will partner the CEO for Quantinuum Japan and you will be responsible for ensuring an amazing employee experience from start to finish. In addition, you will provide leadership to the office administration function within the office.
Office in Otemachi Tokyo, Japan (with flexibility to work remotely)
- Manage all aspects of the hiring processes from sourcing to interviewing, as well as managing relationships with our chosen partners.
- Drive and develop staffing strategies to ensure a robust pipeline of quality candidates and timely execution of staffing processes for all levels, including supporting local careers initiatives and university relations.
- Lead the onboarding of new staff ensuring a smooth transition into the company.
- Manage all aspects of HR administration, ensuring up to date and accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Implement and manage our compensation programmes, including introducing staff benefits and managing our local payroll processes through our chosen partners.
- Provide a broad range of HR support actions for achieving strategic objectives, including talent management, organization effectiveness (change management, leader effectiveness, organization design).
- Deploy global and local HR procedures, policies and specific functional policies, ensuring all employment documents are relevant and compliant with local employment legislation and local market practices.
- Promote employee engagement, communication and general wellness in the workplace.
- Work with the local leadership team to provide thought leadership and implement and effective communication processes to support the culture and business objectives
- Actively engage in HR functional transformation initiatives, including developing opportunities to improve the employee experience.
- Lead office administration team and function to support across the team.
- Supports and manages the business unit to resolve HR issues including, but not limited to, performance management, conflict management, coaching, development, employee relations, compensation, internal mobility, staff retention, talent acquisition, workforce planning, headcount and position management, talent and team development and compliance, working closely with HR and functional colleagues across the business.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 5 years professional Human Resources experience, including solid recruitment experience
- Solid knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Flexibility to work in a global company, across time zones
- Fluency in both Japanese and English languages
- A right to work in Japan
- Master's degree preferred with a concentration in Business, Human Resources, Organization Development or a related discipline
- Experience in supporting or scaling tech and or/ scientific businesses strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and build a performance culture
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others, particularly leadership development and coaching
- Strong business acumen & solid global mindset and experience
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers
- Strong bias for action, a keen sense of urgency and the ability to drive results in a matrixed organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse workforce
Location: Office in Otemachi Tokyo, Japan (with flexibility to work remotely)
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry.
We offer a highly competitive package, a positive approach to flexible working,
health insurance, commuting allowance, enhanced holidays and incentive schemes.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.