Sales Manager - Cybersecurity, シニアセールスマネージャー サイバーセキュリティ
Business Development – Business Development /
Location: Office in Otemachi Tokyo, Japan (with flexibility to work remotely)
Cambridge Quantum (CQ) is a global leader in quantum computing. Our software helps our partners, collaborators, and clients to solve the most difficult problems in their industries through quantum computing. Our focus is in the areas of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, quantum algorithms and quantum encryption.
About the role
We are looking for a Sales Manager with a “get it done” attitude to join our growing cybersecurity team. You will be responsible for hunting down new opportunities for our cybersecurity products and winning deals.
Our cybersecurity division is developing a number of quantum-related technologies to enhance the security of our enterprise customers. This includes the world’s only quantum random number generator (QRNG) that uses quantum computers to produce perfectly unbiased entropy.
You must have significant experience in the cybersecurity market, with a demonstrable track record of closing large deals with cybersecurity products, partner channel experience would also be beneficial. Knowledge of quantum technologies is desired but not required.
You will work closely with our business development team, however, you should expect to be hands-on with every aspect of the sales cycle, including lead generation. We are a fast-paced startup and we are looking for a self-motivated, ambitious sales professional.
- Closing new business opportunities for our cybersecurity products
- Developing and nurturing relationships with customers, at every level in the business.
- Setting up and establishing partner relationships and channel partners.
- Taking new leads from the business development team and converting them into wins.
- Developing a strategy for approaching the market, identifying your own leads to supplement those from business development.
- Working with the product and marketing team to ensure you have the materials needed for success.
- Developing commercial offers to customers based on our standard pricing and inputs from the engineering team (for bespoke work).
- Attending and presenting at conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Maintaining subject matter expertise across the cybersecurity realm, including emerging threats, defensive technologies, regulatory and industry standards.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience selling cybersecurity solutions to enterprise customers.
- A demonstrable track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
- Experience in selling SaaS products.
- Familiarity with commercial and government cryptographic systems, standards and certifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Native-level communication and presentation skills in Japanese.
- Strong business-level written and spoken English.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry.
We offer a highly competitive package including equity participation, a positive approach to flexible working,
health insurance, commuting allowance, enhanced holidays and incentive schemes.
Founded in 2014, CQ operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 150 professionals, CQ has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 100 scientists, of which over 70 are Ph.D. holders. CQ has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies. We are in the process of expanding our operations significantly across our offices in Cambridge (U.K.), Oxford, London, Washington, DC, and Tokyo.
In June 2021, CQ announced a merger with Honeywell Quantum Solutions (HQS), a Honeywell business unit and maker of the highest performing quantum computer currently available. Honeywell has been an investor in and commercial partner with Cambridge Quantum since 2019. The deal is intended to close in Q4 this calendar year and is subject to the satisfaction of certain regulatory approvals, and other customary closing conditions.
Please note that employment at CQ is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
CQ is an inclusive equal opportunity employer