Senior Software Engineer - London and Cambridge as required (remote working in UK).
Science & Technology – Cyber & Quantum Technologies /
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a world-leading independent quantum computing software company. Our focus areas include quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum cybersecurity. CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders.
Our cybersecurity division is developing a number of quantum-related technologies to enhance the security of our enterprise customers. This includes the world’s only quantum random number generator (QRNG) that uses quantum computers to produce perfectly unbiased entropy.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our cybersecurity engineering team.
In this role, you will be part of the group that develops and maintains our flagship cybersecurity platform. You will work closely with your colleagues to design and implement new features, as well as troubleshooting issues and solving problems.
You don’t need to have cybersecurity or quantum experience to apply for this role, but any background in this area is welcome. Our main focus is to find a high-performing developer, who works well in a team and has significant experience working on cloud platforms.
- Working with others in the team to develop and maintain CQC’s cybersecurity software platform.
- Programming in a variety of languages, including (at least) C and C++.
- Adapting to new programming languages and frameworks, as needed.
- Ensuring code quality through development of automated tests and participation in peer reviews.
- Working with others in the team to design key components of the system.
- Providing guidance to more junior colleagues.
- Extensive software development experience , preferably on cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of C and C++.Experience working with continuous integration and automated testing.
- Comfortable working with Docker, as well as container orchestration tools and frameworks.
- Familiarity with standard collaboration tools, including Git, Jira and Confluence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science or another related discipline.
- UK. Travel to offices in London and Cambridge as required (remote working in UK).
- Knowledge of cryptography and working with hardware security modules.
- Experience with Golang, Ruby-on-rails, or other back-end languages.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package including equity participation, 28 day’s paid annual leave, a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Founded in 2014, CQC operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 130 professionals, CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. CQC has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
CQC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer.