Scientific Business Development / Sales (Quantum Computing) Remote, West Coast / US
United States /
Business Development – Business Development /
Cambridge Quantum Computing (CQC) is a global leader in software and enterprise applications that help its partners, collaborators, and clients to work effortlessly across multiple platforms and solve some of the most intriguing problems in their industry through quantum computing. Our focus is in the areas of quantum chemistry quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption.
CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. We are in the process of expanding our operations significantly across our offices in Cambridge (U.K.), Oxford, London, Washington, DC, and Tokyo.
Scientific Business Development / Sales (Quantum Computing)
Location: US, West Coast, Remote
About the role
We are looking for experienced Business Development / Sales leads with a strong understanding of software or scientific markets. In this role you will be responsible for developing relationships with some of the world’s biggest companies. You will understand their requirements to devise business solutions and highly technical research projects that help tackle real world problems using CQC’s leading quantum technologies and expertise. Within this role you will become an expert in one of our product offerings and be able to communicate our value proposition fluidly with technical stakeholders. You will work closely with the product, marketing and scientific teams in aligning plans and campaigns to market. You will be measured on the number of customers and engagements that you bring in. We are looking for people with a strong interest in the following areas: Quantum Machine Learning, Optimisation & Finance, Quantum Algorithms & Compilation, and Quantum Chemistry.
- Contributing to the strategic direction and in particular our go-to-market strategy
- Understand client needs, identify business opportunities and build strong and lasting partnerships with a range of customers
- Address customers’ business challenges through the usage of CQC’s technologies, communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case
- Develop a network of partners and customers for one of CQCs product frameworks
- Educate and train customers about quantum computing, ensuring clients reach quantum enablement
- Collaborate with our lead generation, analysts, marketing and scientific teams to define customer segments, identify market trends, develop target lists and run campaigns
- Develop and close your pipeline and achieve targets
- Represent CQC in client meetings, conferences and trade shows
- A master’s degree or higher in Quantum Information, Physics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Optimisation, Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience in selling complex technical B2B products, research collaborations and solutions
- Managed numerous stakeholders in long term sales cycles (6 months+), constructing compelling business cases and driving the sales process to close engagements and meet targets
- A strong track record of developing effective relationships and working with multiple stakeholders, in both scientific and executive environments
- Entrepreneurial and action oriented, with a strong drive for results
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills with an ability to challenge the status quo
- Drive and ambition - we're a company that's growing fast, and we want you to grow with us
- Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
- Willingness to travel some global travel expected
- Ph.D. in a related scientific field or in Quantum Computing
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience Experience with and understanding of the global quantum information science landscape
What is in it for you?
A competitive salary and innovative, game-changing work
Flexible work schedule
24 days of paid holidays and vacation
Employer subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
401k retirement savings plan and corporate equity participation plan
Cambridge Quantum Computing, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek individuals from a broad variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience who have a desire to do meaningful work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 2014, CQC operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 130 professionals, CQC has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 80 scientists, of which over 60 are Ph.D. holders. CQC has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies.
Please note that employment at CQC is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.