Senior Product Manager - Cybersecurity
Science & Technology – Cyber & Quantum Technologies /
Cambridge Quantum (CQ) is a global leader in quantum computing. Our software helps our partners, collaborators, and clients to solve the most difficult problems in their industries through quantum computing. Our focus is in the areas of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, quantum algorithms and quantum encryption.
Our cybersecurity division is developing a number of quantum-related technologies to enhance the security of our enterprise customers. This includes the world’s only quantum random number generator (QRNG) that uses quantum computers to produce perfectly unbiased entropy.
Cambridge Quantum cybersecurity team is hiring an experienced product manager to lead our product management function for our cybersecurity portfolio. You will have line management responsibility for the existing product team, and your previous experience in managing emerging products within the cybersecurity market will guide them to success.
The successful candidate will take a hands-on leadership role. You will be instrumental in defining the development roadmap and ongoing go-to-market activities of the entire department, using insight gained from working directly with our clients. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide the full product life cycle, from conception to launch, by connecting the technical and business worlds. You will work closely with our talented team of engineers, cryptographers and photonics experts.
- Maintain and enhance the product strategy and vision. Evangelise this to the wider team.
- Curate the product roadmaps, based on feedback from customers and the market.
- Manage and coach the members of the product team.
- Work closely with the development team, helping to define the backlog and taking responsibility for product quality.
- Refine the go-to-market plan. Work with the central marketing team to plan campaigns and contribute towards collateral.
- Own the insight on the competitive landscape, to ensure we remain uniquely positioned in the quantum cybersecurity space.
- Regularly speak with customers and participate in webinars, industry events, blogging, etc.
- Perform product demonstrations and deliver product training.
- Use data to drive your decisions wherever possible.
- Ship early and often.
- At least 5 years’ experience in cybersecurity product management.
- A solid understanding of public key infrastructure.
- Experience of using data to drive product decisions.
- Significant experience working directly with customers and end-users.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree in Computer Science or another related discipline.
- Previous team management experience.
- Experience of launching new products to market.
- Familiarity with quantum computing.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package including equity participation, 28 day’s paid annual leave, a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Founded in 2014, CQ operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 180 professionals, CQ has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 120 scientists, of which over 85 are Ph.D. holders. CQ has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies. We are in the process of expanding our operations significantly across our offices in Cambridge (U.K.), Oxford, London, Washington, DC, and Tokyo.
Quantinuum is the combination of Cambridge Quantum with Honeywell Quantum Solutions, structured to drive the future of quantum computing. By uniting best-in-class software and enabling tools with the best-performing quantum computers, we are delivering on the potential of quantum technology today. We aim to be a center of gravity for quantum computing, supporting collaboration across the ecosystem.
Science led, enterprise driven. Driven to Discover the Future
The combined company has a team of nearly 400 people. Among them you'll find the world's leading quantum computing hardware and software experts. Not only are they driven to discover the future, but they are also committed to change the world for the better.
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer.