Scientific Software Engineer - Quantum Software
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
The company’s Cambridge-based quantum software team is seeking to hire a software engineer.
You will be working on the design and implementation of our quantum software development ecosystem. You will focus on the programming environment and runtime system, but will contribute across our entire platform, including the Tket compiler.
This position would benefit from a background in Computer Science or Scientific Computation. The position involves software development primarily in Rust and Python. You will be collaborating with a small team, and will have input in the entire development process through research, design, programming and testing. You will have the freedom to think independently and creatively in the team and make a real impact.
- Software development experience, preferably in Rust or Python.
- Broad knowledge of programming languages and paradigms.
- Comfortable and experienced working on software with a team, communicating ideas, and writing code that can be understood by others.
- Experience with collaboration tools (e.g. version control, bug tracking systems) and general programming tools (e.g. a debugger, profiler, software testing tools).
- A 2:1 degree or higher in Mathematics, Computer Science, Science, or Engineering.
- Ability to understand technical and advanced research material and transfer new ideas into code.
- Knowledge of quantum computing, quantum algorithms, or quantum information, or programming quantum computers.
- Experience with formal methods and/or type theory in practice
- Experience of designing large software systems.
- Familiarity with LLVM/MLIR.
- Familiarity with C++.
- Distributed systems knowledge.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.