IT Support Manager
Professional Services – IT /
We are seeking a Workplace Support Manager to lead our Workplace Support team, based from our modern Victoria offices in London.
You will set high standards for the day-to-day operations of a global Workplace Support team, who are based in the UK and US, to deliver best-in-class customer support and end-user services for issue resolution, service requests and general information technology (IT) inquiries.
You will be a key member of the Quantinuum global IT organization, helping to elevate the end-user experience and increase overall employee satisfaction by developing,implementing, and driving employee engagement through Quantinuum’s Workplace Support activities on a global scale. As the leader of the Workplace Support team, you will identify and implement industry standards and best practices, service desk automation, and workplace-related technologies to ensure Quantinuum employees have access to the systems and services whenever and wherever they need them.
You will be supported by a global IT organization, who are providing cutting-edge solutions and services to scientific teams to increase collaboration, productivity and development of quantum software, applications and hardware which will have a future impact on our everyday lives. You will collaborate with other leaders to define the overall IT strategy and roadmap for the company and identify key performance indicators and hold your team accountable for achieving those metrics.
Previous experience and a track recording of leading high-performing teams and exceeding end-user expectations is ideal for this position. We are a fast-paced start-up looking for a dynamic leader who is relentlessly focused on meeting the IT needs of our employees.
- Leading a global team of Workplace Support professionals (based in the US and UK) and driving excellence in employee support through a variety of engagement methods, including walk-up, deskside and virtual (phone, chat and ticket generation).
- Create and implement strategies to measurably improve end-user experience and overall customer satisfaction.
- Respond to inquiries and escalations for incidents, problems, and service requests leveraging best practices in service delivery and service desk automation.
- Establish metrics and key performance indicators to effectively monitor, measure and communicate continuous improvement across Workplace Support activities.
- Coordinate with scientific and enterprise leaders to improve support for existing end-user services and develop and maintain support for new services throughout their life cycle.
- Increase visibility into the management of IT resources, including, purchasing, inventory, storage,
- deployment, and tracking and provide weekly reporting to leadership.
- Ensure timely imaging, configuration and deployment/redeployment of IT resources and assets,
- including installation of software and applying software patches and updates.
- Hire, develop, and retain top talent.
- Travel to other sites in the UK (and very occasionally in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific) as necessary, to provide workplace support services.
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant IT Service areas.
- 2+ years’ experience managing workplace, end-user, or desktop support teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education to support the position.
- ITIL, PMP, Comp TIA, and Microsoft certifications are highly desired.
- Experience working in a technology start-up environment.
- Relentless pursuit of customer service and employee satisfaction.
- Strong technical leadership abilities and vision.
- Extensive knowledge of workplace, end-user and desktop support systems, services, and procedures.
- Experience with remote support and collaboration tools for incident logging, service request tracking and asset management.
- Strong knowledge of Apple and Microsoft operating systems, devices, and software.
- Excellent understanding of end-device technologies, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices,printers, etc.
- Knowledge of common networking, routing, switching, wireless, and VPN technologies.
- Knowledge of common enterprise IT systems, including Active Directory, Exchange, and virtual desktop technologies.
- Experience managing global workplace support teams.
- Ability to document procedures and design workflows to improve workplace support.
- Ability to present and communicate IT concepts at all levels of the company.
- Willingness to be flexible in meeting the demands of fast-moving business.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, equity, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension, a positive approach to flexible working and enhanced parental and adoption benefits.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.