Research Scientist, Quantum Algorithms (Cambridge)
Science & Technology – Quantum Software & Algorithms /
We are recruiting a research scientist to work in our rapidly-growing quantum algorithms team. This role is based at our office in Cambridge and you will be working within a team of leading scientists.
The role involves researching and developing quantum algorithms. This will include proposing new quantum algorithms, and devising techniques to reduce resource requirements for existing quantum algorithms in practical applications. As such the ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about quantum algorithms and have a solid understanding of (classical) statistical / data-science principles.
- A Ph.D. in maths, theoretical physics, computer science or a data-science related discipline.
- A demonstrated track-record of scientific publication.
- A proven aptitude for learning.
- The ability to collaborate effectively and disseminate scientific results & concepts to both domain experts and non-experts.
- Some experience of computer programming (preferably in python).
- It is also preferable that the candidate has at least several of the following:
Desirable areas of expertise:
- Quantum algorithms.
- Statistics and data-handling — especially Bayesian inference, parameter estimation, sampling and Markov chain Monte Carlo algorithms.
- Engineering mathematics (Fourier series, linear algebra, basic signal processing etc.).
- Numerical simulations.
- Optimisation and optimal experimental design.
- Quantitative finance.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension and a positive approach to flexible working.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.