Quantum Computing Evangelist - US, North America
Arlington, VA /
Business Development – Sales and Business Development /
Cambridge Quantum (CQ) is a global leader in quantum computing. Our software helps our partners, collaborators, and clients to solve the most difficult problems in their industries through quantum computing. Our focus is in the areas of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, quantum algorithms and quantum encryption.
Quantum Computing Evangelist
About the role:
As someone who has a passion for science and technology you will be working within our sales and business development team, actively engaging with the quantum community and clients to promote CQ’s quantum technology. ‘tket’ is our best in class, open access, quantum compiler, which helps users within the quantum ecosystem to get the most out of today’s quantum hardware. You will be the ambassador for our ‘tket’ outreach program in North America and will be responsible for continuing to expand our growing user base through a combination of promotion and education.
Day to day your activities will focus on developing relationships with some of the world’s largest global companies, research institutions (including universities) and government. You will also embed yourself within the various quantum communities, actively speaking at conferences and events to articulate the benefits and use cases of our technology. You therefore must be someone who thrives on delivering technical conversations, enhanced with your ability to enjoy online and offline conversations with our community.
- MSc in a relevant STEM subject (Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, Quantum Physics, Maths, Computer Science).
- Familiarity with quantum computing, algorithms and compilers.
- A passion for emerging technology and a strong desire to communicate technical elements in a simple, effective manner.
- Exceptional verbal communication and soft skills, with and the ability to talk to diverse audiences through different online and in-person channels.
- Strong written communication skills, designing technical presentations, white papers and technical support tools for users.
- The ability to translate complex technical concepts and technologies into strategic business and customer-centric value propositions.
- Ability to interact, build trust and influence various stakeholders including users, clients (technical and non-technical) and internal scientific teams.
- A proactive operator who is confident to jump on opportunities as they arise.
- The ability to travel with the demands of the role when required.
- Familiarity with implementation of quantum software on near-term quantum hardware.
- Experience of utilising quantum compilers.
- Experience in scientific software development in an academic or industrial environment.
- Professional work experience of 2+ years.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant area.
What is in it for you?
A competitive salary and innovative, game-changing work
Flexible work schedule
24 days of paid holidays and vacation
Employer subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
401k retirement savings plan and corporate equity participation plan
Cambridge Quantum , LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek individuals from a broad variety of backgrounds with varying levels of experience who have a desire to do meaningful work. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, colour, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Founded in 2014, CQ operates at the very core of quantum computing and is backed by some of the world’s leading partners with strong domain expertise including IBM, Honeywell and JSR Corp. Our core focus is in quantum software and enterprise applications in the area of quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, and quantum encryption. With over 180 professionals, CQ has a strong and unique scientific grounding in terms of its core team with over 120 scientists, of which over 85 are Ph.D. holders. CQ has a “Science Led; Enterprise Driven” approach and built a tier one ecosystem of customers, investors, and partners including IBM, Honeywell, JSR Corp, Total, Nippon Steel, and many other Fortune 500 companies. We are in the process of expanding our operations significantly across our offices in Cambridge (U.K.), Oxford, London, Washington, DC, and Tokyo.
Quantinuum is the combination of Cambridge Quantum with Honeywell Quantum Solutions, structured to drive the future of quantum computing. By uniting best-in-class software and enabling tools with the best-performing quantum computers, we are delivering on the potential of quantum technology today. We aim to be a center of gravity for quantum computing, supporting collaboration across the ecosystem.
Science led, enterprise driven. Driven to Discover the Future
The combined company has a team of nearly 400 people. Among them you'll find the world's leading quantum computing hardware and software experts. Not only are they driven to discover the future, but they are also committed to change the world for the better.
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks.
We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer.