Technical Project Manager - Quantum Machine Learning
Science & Technology – Machine Learning and Applied Quantum Algorithms /
We are expanding the Machine Learning and Quantum Algorithms team with a Project Manager. In this role you will be responsible for supporting and managing technical client projects that apply quantum computing to use cases in machine learning, optimisation and simulation.
You will support scientific project managers in formulating technical project proposals, reporting progress and preparing technical workshops. Your enthusiasm for quantum computing applications will help you shape projects through their full lifecycle, often supporting the business development team from pre-sales stage through to delivery with client-facing interaction.
This role is embedded in a team of applied scientists and researchers. The team focuses on making the most of today’s quantum computers with innovative quantum algorithms and a view towards early applications developed in collaboration with some of the largest global enterprises.
- Prepare and lead technical client meetings and workshops
- Support scientific project managers in formulating proposals, statements of work, technical presentations
- Prepare and document project status meetings, support project progress reporting
- Support applied researchers in compiling technical and scientific project reports
- Develop and maintain tools and processes for project tracking, milestones, deliverables
- Distil and contextualise quantum computing research for non-specialist audience
You must have
- Masters degree in physics, mathematics, computer science or related field
- Significant experience with quantum computing and its use cases through degree work, research, hackathons, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for client-facing interactions
- PhD related to quantum computing
- 2+ years of experience in a consulting or professional services role with a track record of delivering technical projects
- Hands-on experience with quantum algorithms for machine learning, optimisation and simulation
- Experience with project management, e.g. PMI, PRINCE2 etc.
What is in it for you?
Working alongside a highly talented team, with leading names in the quantum computing industry. We offer a highly competitive package, equity, 28 days of paid holiday (in addition to public holidays), a workplace pension, a positive approach to flexible working and enhanced parental and adoption benefits.
Science Led and Enterprise Driven.
Our team of scientists is leading the way in the development of quantum computing. The world’s largest integrated quantum computing company, we united Cambridge Quantum’s advanced software development with Honeywell Quantum Solutions’ high-fidelity hardware to accelerate quantum computing. With full-stack technology, we’re scaling quantum computing and developing applications to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. We could be even better with you!
At Quantinuum, we believe quantum information systems will revolutionize the way we work and live. We are leading the way by helping our customers develop quantum-enabled solutions that provide a competitive-edge in their markets.
We’re hiring the world’s best talent to make it happen. Join us! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErQOKNC2O38
Please note that employment with us is subject to successfully passing our pre-employment screening checks. We are an inclusive equal opportunity employer. You will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.